PDA

View Full Version : A couple situations

fandsen
08-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Here are 2 situations ive been thinking about. I'm looking for input on what the correct play would be in each.

1) 3 players left in a single table tourny. Stacks are about equal, you hold 77, flop comes 7 9c jc after a preflop raise from UTG, and 2 calls from small and big blind. SB bets 500 into the pot which was at 1200 before the bet. Action comes to you with 77. What is the correct play to make here?

2.) 7 people remain in a single table tourny. You hold JJ at UTG+2, and 2 people have folded before you. You raise 3x bb (bb is 100). SB calls, button calls, SB calls, BB folds. Flop comes 3s 5c 10c, SB bets 400, what is the correct play at this point?

Any input is appreciated.

Robert Ezzo
08-30-2004, 04:02 PM
1) I would push all-in on this one. If somebody else is holding 99 or JJ, so be it.

2) What are the stack sizes?

RobGW
08-30-2004, 04:04 PM
I would push in both situations.

Hand 1: The pot is large, you probably have the best hand, take it down right now. If they call with a straight or flush draw you win 2/3 of the time. Even if they make it on the turn you have outs to the full house. If they have a higher set then so be it.

Hand 2: It is hard to tell where you are at. You could be against a set, an overpair, or just a pair of tens. You have an over pair which I would not lay down at this point. I don't think calling 400 is appropiate because JJ is vulnerable to overcards. You don't want anyone else calling with overcards. AT can draw out on you. I would push and hope he folds. I would also say that this decision is closer and that my reads on the other players may change my decision.