PDA

View Full Version : Jackpot Jay's line on Fischman, Matusow, Laak...

jedi
08-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Personally, I think Jay is a decent writer who provides me with a semi-regular poker reading fix, but I love this line:

[ QUOTE ]

He played the hand perfectly, inveigling me in for every penny I had, and then wound up crippled when I sucked out that 10 on the river. If I was Scott Fischman or the Unabomber or Mike Matusow or some other it's-all-about-me self-involved egomaniac, I would have been gloating and strutting and high-fiving my posse like Jack Black on crystal meth.

[/ QUOTE ]

nolanfan34
08-30-2004, 02:19 PM
At first, I didn't like his columns or writing style. I also thought some of his poker thought processes were a little weak, questioning in my book how good of a player he could possibly be.

But I'll admit I've come around and now look forward to reading his columns generally. That's a great line you referenced above. And he's certainly seeing some good results.

The question that I'm wondering about now is how come I haven't seen some posts about 2+2'ers making it into the WPT event through these ActIII qualifiers? Don't some of the Foxwoods regulars play in them?