PDA

View Full Version : Tourney VS. Ring Games......problems....

nickey009
08-30-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm going to post this in the Small Stakes forum too.

Okay, first a little background. I've been playing online now for about 18 months. I play primarily 25 PL ring games. I've been a very consistent winner at the ring games and have thought about moving up in limits. I've moved up a couple times only to get smacked down. Anyway...

I also play in a home game. 20 dollar buy in. I rarely if ever have to re-buy and I hold my own for the first 1/2 of the tourney. Then the blinds start to double every 20 minutes and I basically get torn apart. I know I have a reputation for being fairly tight at the table so I should be bluffing more but how much?

Because of the problems that I've been having at my home tourney I decided to devote this week playing Sit-N-Go's on PP. 10 and 20 PL and NL. When I first started playing on PP I used to cash in these all the time. I played 7 over the weekend and didn't cash in once. In that same time I won 90 playing 25 PL ring games.

So, that's the back ground. My question to all you 2+2ers is this: What the hell is wrong with me? I need some help. How can I get better at my tourney play? What do I need to do? Any and all advice will be appreciated.

mscott2374
08-30-2004, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also play in a home game. 20 dollar buy in. I rarely if ever have to re-buy and I hold my own for the first 1/2 of the tourney. Then the blinds start to double every 20 minutes and I basically get torn apart. I know I have a reputation for being fairly tight at the table so I should be bluffing more but how much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sounds to me that you need to loosen up your starting hands when you get later in the tourney. If these players perceve you as being tight then this should enable you to make moves i.e. blinds steals etc when it is worth while stealing them.

As I'm sure you know, you can't just sit there and wait for a hand in a tourney like you can in a ring game. You have to get in there and start pushing people about.

Hopefully this helps