PDA

View Full Version : Bad flop call (very low content)

MaxPower
08-30-2004, 10:47 AM
I think I made a bad call on the flop here. My excuse is that I was watching Da Ali G show. I also should have bet the river but I didn't notice that I had made a 2nd pair. My excuse is that this happened at the exact moment that Borat was showing pictures of him having sex with his sister.

After this hand the CO said, "You play too good Max." I wasn't sure if he was kidding our not. Since he had coldcalled a raise with AJo, I didn't take his comment too seriously.

I found out later there were at least 2 2+2ers at the table. I want them to know that while I may suck at poker, this is not the reason why.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls,

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

River: (9 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

MoDOH
08-30-2004, 11:14 AM
PreFlop looks good.

Flop is a clear muck... only getting 5.5-1 in potodds and drawing to at best 5 outs with a possible reraise behind you. Itīs not even close...

and of course bet the river...

aside from that, you played it just fine...

damn that AliG huh? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

easypete
08-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Don't have HBO, so I can't really verify if this is a good reason to call the flop.

You're getting 5.5:1 from the pot (and not closing the action). You have 5 outs for 2-pr and a redraw for the hearts. 6.2:1... oh, so close. A TV distraction has to be worth another out, right?

Turn looks good, although the K is increasingly a dirty out, as MP1 may have KQ, AK, so you're relying on the 3rd heart.

AviD
08-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Ack.

PF call is fine IMO.
Flop call makes me cringe.
Turn call is fine, picked up uber outs.
River check makes me cringe.

Ralph Wiggum
08-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Bet the river

arkady
08-30-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey max, I think your call on the flop is pretty good...for me to POOP on. No excuses, cut the crap!

BeerMoney
08-30-2004, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think I made a bad call on the flop here. My excuse is that I was watching Da Ali G show. I also should have bet the river but I didn't notice that I had made a 2nd pair. My excuse is that this happened at the exact moment that Borat was showing pictures of him having sex with his sister.

After this hand the CO said, "You play too good Max." I wasn't sure if he was kidding our not. Since he had coldcalled a raise with AJo, I didn't take his comment too seriously.

I found out later there were at least 2 2+2ers at the table. I want them to know that while I may suck at poker, this is not the reason why.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls,

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

River: (9 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with the occasional loose call. I think it helps prevent people from plowing over you. (That's how I justify it at least.)