PDA

View Full Version : UB Final Table - Software Glitch

Finger
08-30-2004, 10:41 AM
I was playing in the 9:00 $50 buy-in last night at UB and when they sat the final table no hands were dealt. It was not a server problem because we could all chat. It took us an hour to flag the support who subsequently closed the table and awarded the cash out based on chip stacks.

It was incredibly frustrating and the support was anything but supportive.

Is this a common problem with tournanments at UB? I play a lot of ring games at UB, but usually play tournaments at other sites because there is better action.

I was chip leader with 23% of the total going in to the final table, so the payout was ok, but I wanted to play!

Skunkbush
08-30-2004, 10:42 AM
I've never had that happen to me. I do know I busted out on pocket A's in Krazy's $500, one spot out of the money yay.

fnord_too
08-30-2004, 10:46 AM
I have never seen this. I haven't played any UB tournies in the last couple of months, but have mad a few dozen final tables there prior to that and never had a problem.

esbesb
08-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Finger,

I was at this final table with you. I can attest that it was crazy. We waited for over an hour for support, and when they finally came on, there were no apologies, no explanations, nothing.

Also, I think my payout was wrong. Was yours right?

Finger
08-30-2004, 11:32 AM
They didn't award the cash in the ordinal positions like they said they would when they finally came and closed the table, but for me, it was correct as a total percentage of chips. I had 23% (13600 out of 59,000) of the chips going into the final table with a total prize pool of $2950 so it paid out $680 or so. First place would have paid $885.

If memory serves correct, you had about 6300 out of the 59,000 chips, right? so you should have received about $315?

esbesb
08-30-2004, 11:37 AM
That's right. Didn't realize it was by % of chips, I thought it was by order of finish. so, if it was by % then it was correct.

Crazy, crazy finish (or lack thereof).

Finger
08-30-2004, 11:40 AM
Yes. I was really pissed off with the lack of accountability, not to mention apology. They've had server problems before, but I've never seen a software error like this. I generally like their interface and never had any problems, but I don't play many tournaments there, and probably won't in the future.

schwza
08-30-2004, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's right. Didn't realize it was by % of chips, I thought it was by order of finish. so, if it was by % then it was correct.

Crazy, crazy finish (or lack thereof).

[/ QUOTE ]

if i were you, i would complain to UB about the payout you got, cause it sounds like finger got a _very_ favorable payout. first would have paid 885, so second would have paid about 550? i don't think that finger's stake should be worth nearly what he got. that would be right if 23% of the chips could be expected to give you 1st 1/3 of the time and 2nd 2/3 of the time, and never 3rd or below (or some equivalent). finger got a windfall, so esbesb, you probably got a raw deal. (there's a lot of debate on how to make a "fair" deal in the middle of the tournament. i don't know how UB did it, but it seems suspicious.

(btw, i'm only suggesting this because they won't/shouldn't reduce finger's payout. they should be shamed into paying enough that no one can possibly complain, cause they screwed up by having a dysfunctional site. so they should pay more than the original prize pool to keep everyone happy.)

Finger
08-30-2004, 01:28 PM
I agree that this payout structure is deeply faulted (although as was pointed out I did pretty favourably and won't be complaining personally).

What if someone was squeezed into the final table with almost no chips? Paying as a percentage could have actually given him less than the buy-in, when he would have been guaranteed at least 10th place money if the tournament had played out.

UB should cough up some coin to ensure fair compensation to all. Needless to say, they didn't refund their tournament fees and they didn't provide a full tournament. They should be accountable for software problems and not the players.

beerbandit
08-30-2004, 02:52 PM
whats a final table

ive made 15+ final table on ub and never had any problems that my own computer did not cause

my brother was in a ub tourney was and held a postition in the money and ub ahd a technical problem and everyoen was booted and he received money in the position that he was in at the time of the problem

cheers
beer