PDA

View Full Version : How to play heads up when Big Blind is on button?

08-18-2002, 09:05 PM
I beat the heads up games when the SB is on the button, but i have a world of trouble when the BB is on the button and the SB is first to act.

I try to be more aggressive on the button, to punish the SB for playing too many hands out of position. But it doesnt seem to be working.

Any help? Id love to hear from Dynasty, and all the other real sharp posters on this forum.

Thank you.

08-18-2002, 09:48 PM
I'm not one of the sharpies(tm), but I'd think if you can't win last to act on all betting rounds (the scenario you've singled out as a loser for you), then you can't win, and a cookie-cutter strategy won't help. Where is this game played and what is the rent/rake?

Maybe the above isn't helpful, so I'll take a different tack. What is the strategy you employ in the usual structure and why is it profitable? I'm thinking that if you can produce a good answer to that, you'd be on the right track to helping yourself.

One other tip: I find it instructive to start at the river and move backwards. The easiest place to spot mistakes against typical short-handed foes (more specifically, the handful I can beat /images/wink.gif) is on the river -- not pre-flop/flop.

08-18-2002, 11:46 PM
So happens me and my buddies played the blinds backwards like that for years when we played heads up and I found the game absolutely unlosable by doing one very much cookie-cutter thing: folding the small blind, like, almost every hand.

Tommy