PDA

View Full Version : JJ vs. multiple opponents & overcards

pstripling
08-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Here is a common problem that I'm hoping you can help with. This was at a 10 handed PartyPoker 3/6. Loose passive game. Hero has is MP2

2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero Raises (J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif), 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

5 players (10 SB)

Flop: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

2 checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button folds, BB calls, MP1 calls

4 players (7BB)
Turn: A /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, MP1 bets, Hero ?????

I think my hand is no good here. I think the only cards that are going to save me are the 3 queens (the queen of spades I think will complete someones flush). Even if I get the miracle queen, I could be splitting. Seems a fold is the play here. If this were heads up between me and MP1 I would lean towards calling down. Does this thinking seem on track?

Bob S.
08-30-2004, 10:08 AM
I would tend to lay this down here virtually every time as well. It's a horrible turn card and now your opponent has sprung to life. Heads up this would be a very tough call down as well seeing that if he had the nut flush draw he now paired his ace...another possibility (although reduced due to your holding) is a straight. Had the ace on the turn just put up a flush draw you could maybe make a case for calling down but I don't think so in this situation.

Bob S.