PDA

View Full Version : WPT sattellites

riverboatking
08-30-2004, 05:31 AM
sorry for the cross post wasn't exactly sure where to post this.

which site has the best satellites for WPT events?
i know paradise ran some supers for the legends of poker but you had to finish first out of a huge field.
i also heard the aruba satellites on ub are a joke, so where can i find some good satellites to finally get a chance to meet shiana hiatt or however the hell you spell her name?

Deelah
08-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Why are UBīs sats. a joke?

I donīt know the dates but Iīm waiting for satellites to Pokerstars WPT-cruise.

Party runs a WPT-cruise too.

alittle
08-30-2004, 12:30 PM
If the UB sat's are a joke, I'm laughing.

Back in May, I won a $30+3 single table paying three seats to the $100+9 for the Aruba prize. Played in that the next night and won against 87 entries. Later, I saw that they weren't going to guarantee trips for less than 100, but it worked for me.

Airfare and hotel (Hyatt for me) plus the $6000+200 buyin. I can't wait!

They stopped giving away the trip portion 8/22, but i think you can still win the buyin.

I'll say hi to Shana for you!

Ghazban
08-30-2004, 01:09 PM
I think he just means they're a joke because the payout structure is so steep. Normally, first place gets the trip (10K), 2nd place gets a couple hundred dollars, and nobody else gets anything. I made 2 final tables for the Aruba trip and busted out 6th and 7th for zero payout in those two (both on bad beats but I won't go into detail). If more people entered the higher buyin ones, there might be enough in the pool for more entries but, with the kind of traffic UB usually gets, I've never seen more than 3 entries awarded in any one tourney (and that was a rarity-- its usually just one). Obviously, any tournament will take some luck to do well in but, when the payout scale is so steep, it plays an even larger role.

Deelah
08-30-2004, 08:55 PM
I have just played one sat. and I won it, so itīs no joke for me neither /images/graemlins/smile.gif Second place payed $0 though..