PDA

View Full Version : Yippee....A Full House!!!

MicroBob
08-30-2004, 04:42 AM
I thought this hand was really interesting too.
I have no idea if any of this play is correct.

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: MicroBob is MP1 with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $3.
UTG+1 calls, MicroBob calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG (poster) checks,

Flop: (4.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MicroBob bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MicroBob calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MicroBob checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MicroBob calls.

River: (8.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MicroBob checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MicroBob calls.

Final Pot: 11.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.16 BB, between MicroBob, CO, BB and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MicroBob (11.16 BB).</font>

MicroBob
08-30-2004, 05:42 AM
Results tomorrow I guess (or later today...or whatever the hell it is).

Kind of hard to get input when most everyone has gone to bed.

guppy
08-30-2004, 05:55 AM
95% of the forum are probably better players than I am, but unless you have a read that you are playing with idiots, or that CO is a habitual bluffer and UTG+1 a calling station, I don't see how you can overcall here.

Would CO bluff-raise and keep bluffing turn and river getting 2 callers?

Would UTG+1 call 2 bets on flop, and call down turn and river with just 22 or AK or worse with you also in the hand? I don't think you could possibly have won this hand, and were probably beaten in two spots.

On the bright side, anyone with just overcards missed their full house.

I'll show just how weak tight I am now. I don't like your hand at all even on the flop.

I might bet out with my baby full house, and bet again into one caller on the turn after catching the miracle non-overcard, then check-call one bet on the river.

But with a raise and a cold-call on the flop, I strongly suspect that I'm losing in at least one spot with no possible improvement (short of catching runner-runner quads), and if not I'm up against 2 players who could have as many as 12 combined outs between them. I think fold here.

Given that you called the flop raise, you must think you could be winning (since you don't have a draw). Then I think you need to bet out on the turn after catching a card which couldn't possibly have beaten you, fold if raised, and check-call one bet on the river.

Alexthegreat
08-30-2004, 06:01 AM
I like your line.....Would it be considered a value raise if you had raised the river?

MicroBob
08-30-2004, 06:30 AM
I think if I saw someone else playing this hand the same way I might say something similar to what you said.

I honestly don't know if I have realistic chances of BOTH guys just playing overcards all the way down here.

But before the raise, the chances that I had the only pair out there was relatively strong.
So I decided to call-down with my ZERO-outer when a couple of promising cards fell on the turn and river.

I'm still not sure it's correct though.
I did think it was kind of an interesting situation and worth posting to see what others think.

Rico Suave
08-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Microbob:

Ok, I read this one earlier, and thought, "I think I would check fold the flop." But that seems a bit weak, so let me think about it some more.......

Yup. I still think I check fold the flop--small pot, 4 opponents, no other pocket pair is folding, most A or K are not folding, hell the average partier is not folding any 2 cards here for 1 bet thinking they have just as good a shot as anyone else to pair up, there is no turn and river card that is good for you. I may be wrong, but I think a check fold is best.

Now against 1 or 2 opponents, I would bet.

Since you did bet, and were raised, I think I would find a fold somewhere.. maybe the flop, the turn and the river. Overcalling the river just seems silly to me. (but I have a feeling both players showed down aces and you won).

--Rico

MicroBob
08-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Bumping before I post the results.

MicroBob
08-30-2004, 08:15 PM
since i accidentally left the 'Pot won my MicroBob' in white I'd say that's a pretty good guess.
oops.
thanks again Bison.

BB doesn't show.
UTG+1 shows 9h Ac (three of a kind, queens).
MicroBob shows 3h 3s (full house, queens full of threes).
CO shows Ad 5d (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: MicroBob wins 11.16 BB.