PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure I played this right but....

me454555
08-30-2004, 02:57 AM
I'm dealt QQ UTG and raise 2 cold callers and the button 3 bets, blinds come along for the ride, I call as do the limpers.

Flop comes down 22Q /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sb bets, I call, hoping to 3 bet the pfr, both limpers call, pfr raises, sb reraises, I call again figureing I might be able to make more by waiting for the turn. everyone else folds and PFR calls.

Turn comes ace

sb bets, I raise, pfr 3 bets me and sb caps, I call

At this point I'm wondering WTF am I up against? What possible hands can these people have? I put pfr on AA or an overplayed AK but what could sb have? Did he really have 22?

River is a blank

sb bets out I raise, pfr reraises, sb caps, I call, pfr calls.

This wasn't posted as a hand reading excercise as I'm sure you can all figure out what the other 2 hands were. The reason I posted this was the turn action. Once it came back to me capped I knew I was going to have to pay 6 bbs to see this to showdown (2 more on the turn and 4 on the river). Would anyone even think about tossing it?

Nick709
08-30-2004, 03:19 AM
I would cap preflop and bet the piss out of it after that. You are very rarely behind.

me454555
08-30-2004, 03:27 AM
I didn't want to cap b/c I was out of position for the rest of the hand.

balkii
08-30-2004, 03:36 AM

Just wanted to say that I have never failed to cap a cap-worthy hand on the basis of position. Position gives your opponent an edge postflop, your cards are giving you the edge PF. push it while you got it.

ThePimpulator
08-30-2004, 03:52 AM
Did he seriously have 22 the SB? [censored] me. You cant think about tossing it. Surely youd be glad that they are willing to put the money in there.
I assume the other guy had an overpair?

JTG51
08-30-2004, 04:47 AM
The reason I posted this was the turn action. Once it came back to me capped I knew I was going to have to pay 6 bbs to see this to showdown (2 more on the turn and 4 on the river). Would anyone even think about tossing it?

God no. Assuming you're right and the river will be capped, by my math you're getting about 5-1 on your last 6 bets. Do you really think your hand won't be good 17% of the time?

chesspain
08-30-2004, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With five other players who have already called at least two bets, I would cap this every time, even if you knew that someone had an A and someone else had a K.

me454555
08-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Never really thought of QQ behing a capworht hand, I guess I just found a leak

me454555
08-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Sb had 22 and other guy had AA, my hand was 3rd best