PDA

View Full Version : Flopped flush. Did I make enough money?

ThePimpulator
08-30-2004, 02:13 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 3.50 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins 4.50 BB. </font>

Could I have played it differently? Tried to check/raise the field on the flop maybe?

Fnord
08-30-2004, 02:22 AM
With a scary mono-tone flop and no aggression shown pre-flop this gets checked through rather often if you don't bet out.

Piiop
08-30-2004, 02:48 AM
Giving free cards is bad when you're hand is vulnerable. You played it fine.

ThePimpulator
08-30-2004, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Giving free cards is bad when you're hand is vulnerable. You played it fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is my hand really that vulnerable? What am I protecting my hand against? The ace or queen of spades wont fold will it? So is it a crime to let try to let someone make a second best hand here by letting it check round? Its a small pot also.
If, however, I checked the flop and the next player bet I would of course c/r the field.

Fnord
08-30-2004, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Is my hand really that vulnerable? What am I protecting my hand against? The ace or queen of spades wont fold will it?

[/ QUOTE ]

An A or Q of spades might raise you! Protecting isn't just about folding out worse hands, it's about making them pay to outdraw you.

balkii
08-30-2004, 04:43 AM
What am I protecting my hand against?

heres the thing: betting isn't just for protecting your hand! Its also for VALUE, which is something you make a ton of when you get called down by hands that are drawing dead against you, which will routinely happen on this board.