PDA

View Full Version : How was this one played? QTo in CO

AdamL
08-30-2004, 01:40 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

balkii
08-30-2004, 01:51 AM
I dont always play in QTo here, in fact I almost always muck it. But in an attempt to loosen up I have started trying to get in in spots like this more.

on the flop, I have top pair with a decent kicker, I bet in late position and got raised by a guy in even later position. If I don't plan on folding on the turn(which I dont), I just go ahead and 3-bet the flop and finish out the rest of the hand strong. button is raising with too much junk like Qxs or middle or bottom pair here to give up the initiative (not to mention free cards).