PDA

View Full Version : 78o - BB- free play - heavy postflop action

btspider
08-30-2004, 12:49 AM
I felt a bit lost during this one. My jagged thoughts are included.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

poor relative position, so I call the first bet. capped back to me.. wait is this a good thing or a bad thing that my draw was pumped.. not ready to fold, so I call the cap.

Turn: (13 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

might be a set out there.. massive pot.. i'm hoping my draw is still good.

River: (25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

at least SB checked. I call one bet in case there was an overpair and two-pair battling it out.

Final Pot: 28 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 28 BB, between MP3, Hero and UTG+1.</font>

detruncate
08-30-2004, 06:22 AM
What a mess. I really can't see anywhere to drop. Assuming 6 clean outs to the straight, you're getting correct odds all the way (when the overcalls are taken into account on the flop). You might be up against a bigger made straight... but there could be all sorts of other explanations too. Seems to fall under the category of "continue to draw even when you suspect you might be drawing dead". I might consider raising the turn if I thought it would knock opponents out behind me, but I don't think there's a reasonable chance of that with 2 flop aggressors left to act. Sucks to be a passenger, no?

AnteGravity
08-30-2004, 06:52 AM
It feels to me like you got trapped in with strong hands that just limped in and went to town on the flop I prolly would have folded instead of calling that cap bet but thats just me.

It looks to me like you got the right card to fall and sucked out a big pot, congrats, enjoy those 28BB.

btspider
08-30-2004, 10:21 AM
This was tough. I really didn't think that river card helped me. It looks like SB was on a diamond draw. I keep looking and I don't see a fold on the flop (when its capped to me) or on the turn (when i'm in for one and its two back to me). The pot is massive, there is no flush out there. I should have 6 clean outs against two pairs, sets, flush draws unless someone else is holding them. Then again, with a coordinated board and 3 people pumping the pot, should I actually believe that someone has a made straight?

Results:
MP3 has J8s (black)
UTG+1 has J8s (black)

UTG+1 didn't cap the turn with the nuts, thanks!

zuluking
08-30-2004, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I prolly would have folded instead of calling that cap bet but thats just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be wrong.