PDA

View Full Version : My strangest play in a long time--J-9s in the SB

Zetack
08-30-2004, 12:32 AM
I misplayed the flop in this hand which threw me off enough that I just got weird on the turn...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks,

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="red"> Here's pretty close to my actuall thinking at the time: "Oh! Whoops! Damnit--I should have bet the flop..."</font>BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="red"> "Arrrggghh! I was so miffed that I forgot to bet out that I completely missed that a check raise would have been great here. Drat! Drat! Drat!---how could I misplay the flop twice in one hand???" </font>BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls. <font color="red"> "Aha! I got my check raise in now---waitaminit!, I wanted to check raise the flop, what the hell am I doing playing the flop on the turn?" </font>

River: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">
<font color="red"> Hmmm, I wonder if he has a nine... </font>
Hero bets</font>, CO ...

Just a bizzare loss of brain function on my part on this hand.

Thoughts? commisserations? Memberships to brain malfunction anonymous?

--Zetack

Sidekick
08-30-2004, 12:58 AM
I'll chip in for what it's worth here.

Preflop: Standard play.

Flop: Ok, your own summation of the situation coincides with mine. Either bet or check/raise this.

Turn: I would have just bet this, but actually the check/raise appears to give valuable information. He doesn't appear to have the straight or he would most likely 3 bet here. If CO is drawing to an OESD, then the raise would have to give him some concern.

River: I certainly bet here. There are so many hands CO could have, but considering how the betting went I would think your hand is good here.

While you may have misplayed this hand, it looks to me as if the misplays actually provided a bit of information to you about your opponent's hand.

I know you were actually just trying to change gears in your betting to keep your opponent off balance and just wanted to see if your fellow posters would catch on! /images/graemlins/wink.gif