PDA

View Full Version : JJ hand, how would you have played it?

Shargaas
08-30-2004, 12:16 AM
There had been a fair amount of pre-flop raising before the flop prior to this hand. Post-flop tended to be a bit more passive. Comments on my play are appreciated.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (24.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (19.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (29.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 34.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 34.20 BB, between BB, UTG, UTG+2, Hero and Button.</font>

mjohnson406
08-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Raise the river too. If you lose to Queens and eights, so be it.

No one has shown any strength. If BB had a real hand, he would have reraised you on the flop or turn. Unless someone was clinging onto AQ or Qx where x makes a pair with the board, the pot is yours. Raise the river and get another BB out of them.

AnteGravity
08-30-2004, 01:28 AM
Scary. AA, KK, QQ, AQ, KQ, Qx, any of them under those hands would be good enough to kill you this hand. Preflop cap with 6 calls, I would be nervous. I hope you had a deep read on these guys.

That pot is huge, so I would have fought just as hard and prolly raised on the river too.

kenewbie
08-30-2004, 04:37 AM
I call the turn and river. BB plays like he has a straight or at the very least two pair.

k

cnfuzzd
08-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Scaredy cat. I have seen preflop caps with everything from AA to 62s. Trying to put a random player on a hand at these limits preflop is near impossible. Also, the cap preflop is without question one of value, even if its just for hitting a set.

peace

john nickle

Shargaas
08-31-2004, 11:49 AM
As it happens, I was hosed from the get-go. The button had a wonderfully passively played KK, while the BB stole the show figuring 86o was enough to call 2 cold and then the cap pre-flop to win it with the turned 2-pair.

k000k
08-31-2004, 01:22 PM
I play it the same. I dont like raising the river, too many cards out there. Flop/turn, raising with an overpair is what you gotta do. That river card sux. Pot's huge, and you have a lot invested. You obviously can't fold, call it and pray for no Q's.. You can't be scared of 97 or 74 when it was raised so fast PF. BB keeps betting into you when you're raising, that's who I'm afraid of. You gotta dodge AA KK or any Q, thats a pretty tall order given the action here.