PDA

View Full Version : Any other way to play this one?

Sent
08-29-2004, 11:47 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9s 9h (full house, tens full of nines).
UTG shows Ts Ah (four of a kind, tens).
MP3 shows 6s As (three of a kind, tens).
CO shows Kh 8h (full house, tens full of eights).
Outcome: UTG wins 25 BB. </font>

-Sent

detruncate
08-30-2004, 06:04 AM
I don't think so. These hands always cost me a lot of money. Once the third card comes out I never seem to be able to give bad guy credit for the nuts. Capping yourself might be a bit much, but I don't see how you can drop to the 3-bet. You probably would have heard from jacks or better pf, so all that's left to wonder about is which one of them has the T. If you had the 7 it might be a different story, but as it is it's probably just one of those times it's correct to pay him off. I hate it, but don't see any way around it.

AnteGravity
08-30-2004, 06:26 AM
Hmm, UTG obviously slow played his trip 10, even after the quad 10 on the turn he just called. He wasn't giving away enough information really to send off any alarms until the river.

Checking on the river after would have probably made them give away their hand strength. Even if UTG didn't have that last 10 he might have been cuddling a bigger pair as easily. Tough, very tought when someone has position and is just sucking in your bets.

DMBFan23
08-30-2004, 09:25 AM
anyone raise this preflop?