PDA

View Full Version : SSH 5 handed

fyodor
08-29-2004, 08:45 PM
I have read SSH twice now and thanks to the advice that has sunk in I won a nice pot in the following hand. Previous to reading that wonderfull book there is no way I would have made the call on the flop. However now recognizing the value of the backdoor nut flush draw I decided I had plenty of outs getting 9:1

UTG is very loose and sees +50% of the flops.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: SSH Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $5.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, Button folds, SSH Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SSH Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, SSH Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SSH Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, SSH Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SSH Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">SSH Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SSH Hero shows Ad 8d (flush, ace high).
UTG shows Jc Js (two pair, jacks and twos).
Outcome: SSH Hero wins 13 BB. </font>

Nottom
08-29-2004, 11:21 PM
I think you should have folded preflop.

fyodor
08-30-2004, 09:34 AM
You are too conservative. UTG sees 50%+ of the flops. The other guy posted. It's 5 handed. I probably should have raised!

Nottom
08-30-2004, 10:25 AM
he didn't limp, he raised. Unless his PFR% is very high as well the fact that he sees a lot of flops doesn't really matter.
3-betting with this hand would be retarded against most players.

Rudbaeck
08-30-2004, 04:01 PM
I have no clue what I tried to say here, so this space left blank.