PDA

View Full Version : Stars HU: Fossilman beats "teecoy"

Tharpab
08-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Well done Greg,
Just saw the results, yet I cant find the hands, is there any way to see the hand history of that?Could you comment on some key hands Greg?

MissOt
08-29-2004, 09:38 PM
i saw the last hand

i think it was 97x greg bet 150 teecoy only had 650 left or so then teecoy pushed with a4 and greg called with k7 and won

Deelah
08-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Teecoy seems like a really nice guy, always friendly - is he posting here?

0evg0
08-29-2004, 11:41 PM
young kid out of MD i think. Interesting to see how he does in some real events in the next few months..

CheckRaise
08-30-2004, 01:10 AM
Teecoy was up most of the time then Fossilman went all in on a gut shot and made it on the turn i believe

Dentist
08-30-2004, 03:53 PM
teecoy is pretty funny.... he must play a HELL of a lot of poker on stars though.... I feel like he's in almost every tourney I enter, and sometimes I'll look him up and he's at 2-3 tourneys, a sit-n-go, or a heads up match...

He's been on a MONSTER run over the last 2-3 months... I wonder how much he's truly up.

Furthermore, besides the freerolls for winning overall point leader for the week, what other purpose does being #1 overall in leaderboard point at Stars have?

shaniac
08-30-2004, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, besides the freerolls for winning overall point leader for the week, what other purpose does being #1 overall in leaderboard point at Stars have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bragging rights. If they do it like last year, the top 100 yearly points leaders got to play for 10 seats on the Stars cruise--a nice deal that doesn't discriminate between #1 and #100.

I think a lot of players become obsessed with the TLB without thinking about the time and energy they are wasting on small-buyin events. A recipe for burnout if you ask me.

It does not cease to amaze me how many (presumably) succesful Stars tourney players play every low-buyin ($1-$10) event just so they can get at those precious points. Doesn't seem like a great way to utilize one's time and talent if one is truly +EV.

Shane