PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Win At Party SITNGO's!

RPatterson
08-29-2004, 06:38 PM
I'm making this post to let you know. Well I have read good advice on how to play them, from here, from some icefreeze guy's website or something like that. He has a hand replayer. Basically I just suck, I don't know. I don't really follow the advice. I think I play too good a poker for these.

On Ultimate Bet sitngo's I win. NL Cash games everywhere I win. Multi-table tournaments I win. Party sitngo's, consistently lose. I think I'm going to give up. I'm just not cut out for it. I think I've played enough where I should have got it by now.

Has anyone else found they just can't win with the structure on party? I like the ultimate bet and pokerstars structure but something draws me to multi-tables. Oh well.

AtlBrvs4Life
08-29-2004, 06:47 PM
You play too good a poker to beat the Party SNGs?????? That's one of the funnier lines I've read in a while. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The solution to your problem is simple. If you can beat everything else but the Party SNGs, stop playing the Party SNGs and start raking in the money.

ilya
08-29-2004, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The solution to your problem is simple. If you can beat everything else but the Party SNGs, stop playing the Party SNGs and start raking in the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way man! I mean, raking in the money is nice...but is this the way to improve? The fact that Erostratus is having trouble beating the Party SNGs suggests to me that he should focus on them exclusively for a while, at least until he can consistently beat the $10s. They're perfectly beatable as we know, and figuring out why he couldn't do it will help him improve much more than just playing his winning games.

Maybe all this isn't really necessary, but it just seems to me like confronting difficulty is the way to go if you're thinking about the long run.

This is a bit off topic, I'm sorry. Mebbe I just don't have my priorities straight, or have different priorities, or something. I dunno. Hope I didn't offend, that hasn't been my intention at all.

Cheers,
ilya

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
08-29-2004, 10:40 PM
You have to realize that party has a lot more people on its site, so there are going to be a lot more bad players. If you want to win in party poker SNGs, you have to hang around for the first couple of levels then start stealing blinds and raising alot at the higher levels. You have to pick your spots against bad players because you will catch them when they play bad hands and catch, but your catch will be better. Win the big pots against the bad players and you should get it. That's how i do it at least and im pretty successfull at Party's SNGs.

chill888
08-30-2004, 05:04 AM
No clue if original poster is actually a winning player but...

Personally, I avoid Party because of the greater (short-term) luck factor due to the often discussed crappy structure. I just don't enjoy them and being very tight especially early, there is less time to run into a good hand before having to loosen up. I think supertight, superaggressive people struggle a bit more at Party but can succeed elsewhere.

Much prefer PokerStars non turbos.

Still if over a large sample you can't beat these games then i really doubt you are a winner elsewhere.

Michael Davis
08-30-2004, 05:12 AM
Stop fighting for chips at the early levels. Start having some balls in the later levels.

-Michael