PDA

View Full Version : Badger's Firing From CP & UB-2 Scheme

07-18-2002, 07:31 PM
Awright, I'll prolly regret axing dis, but apparently Badger got whacked by Shulman for criticizing some marketing promo=pyramid scam for an online card room. Also, Mason apparently commented on it here, somewhere.

Anybody gotta concise synop of tha deal, apart from Babs Yoon's threads on RGP? I've seen a lot of "UB-2" threads on RGP lately, but have never read any. Apparently, there's lotsa physical spam at The Orleans, too.

07-18-2002, 08:28 PM
It's my opinion that Badger should have been let go a long time ago.

My comments on UB-2 appear in a couple of threads on the Internet Forum.

MM

07-19-2002, 04:21 AM
I've been to The Orleans alot lately, and I too have seen all the physical spam about UB-2...Quite frankly, it's disturbing for a tournament to advocate promotion of this scheme..yes, pyramid marketing (Whatever it's called is a scam)...If you want poker to be taken seriously by the mainstream audience (such as gaining sponsorship)...you have to get rid of garbage like UB-2..

just my .$.02

07-19-2002, 04:31 PM
I have played O8 with great success by studying and following the principles in Ray Zee's book on the topic.

My curiosity led me to Steve Badger's website where he discusses O8. He advocates a much more aggressive strategy postflop than set forth in Mr. Zee's book.

What are the opinions of the 2+2 audience that has read both? Positives and negatives of both philosophies?

07-20-2002, 06:51 PM
Is your opinion because the number errors he made in his articles?

thanks

Jaque

07-20-2002, 06:53 PM
Is your opinion because the number errors he made in his articles?

thanks

Jaque

07-20-2002, 06:53 PM

07-21-2002, 12:41 AM
No. In fact, I hardly ever read his articles. I found the couple I did read surprisingly bland and was not very interested in them.

When you are writing for a magazine like Card Player or are an author for Two Plus Two, like it or not, you are representing that organization. It's an unfortunate part of our society, but when you are put in a public position, people will take shots at you. When they do this you still must conduct yourself in a highly professional manner.

Furthermore, while it is okay to debate and disagree with your peers, it again needs to be done in a professional manner. That should answer your question.