PDA

View Full Version : Kings and completely unsure

Jimbobobb
08-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

UTG + 1 loves to limp/reraise - with absolutely any hand. I'm serious if it gets raised behind him he raises when it gets back to him, so his cap here means less than nothing to me.

Flop: (13 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

check 3-bet huh? Again I'm not worried about UTG + 1 here - he could be holding any two cards. Guy loves to bluff.

Turn: (12.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds.

great, just calls - I'm probably winning this.

River: (14.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

wha?? I completely don't believe he has the Q. So I'm trying to remember....he check/3 bet the flop, 3 bet pre-flop...K's? A's? J's? T's? I have no idea.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Any other way to play this that people can see? Raising the river pointless?

Sent
08-29-2004, 04:36 PM
I think you played it fine, he would've raised the turn and river with a Queen im sure. He may have a pocket pair or something and filled up on the river like you did.

-Sent

Sidekick
08-29-2004, 06:22 PM
I suspect I would have played the hand just as you did.

I would put SB on either AA, KK or JJ and would hope it is JJ. Considering he was willing to 3 bet preflop and then on the flop after a queen has landed I would be more inclined to believe he has AA or KK, but I would still have to bet it.

On the turn I can see him slowing down if he has pocket aces because he is afraid you might have a queen. I will be interested in seeing the results later on.

I hope my input helps some.