PDA

View Full Version : When to complete the SB?

cagedman
08-29-2004, 02:21 PM
It's a major leak based on position stats.

When do you guys complete?

6-max:
10-max:

Thanks.

cagedman
08-31-2004, 03:37 PM
No strong opinions? ;-)

Wayfare
08-31-2004, 03:42 PM
I never complete on high card / low card combos that are unsuited. Anything two-gaps or less, plus any two suited cards, I will happily complete for half a bet. Usually you will instantly know on the flop whether you can continue or not.

schwza
08-31-2004, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never complete on high card / low card combos that are unsuited. Anything two-gaps or less, plus any two suited cards, I will happily complete for half a bet. Usually you will instantly know on the flop whether you can continue or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

i play tighter on the SB. fyi, i play 100 6max on party. say 2 players limp to me, i'd fold A9, KJ, K6s, Q8s, J8s, T7s, 96s, 85s, 74s, 63s, 52s, and anything less. i'd complete any pocket pair or Axs.

i read an article somewhere saying that you should fold suited connectors in the SB and said to myself "i don't want to go that far, but apparently 65o is not a playable hand."

rdale
08-31-2004, 04:32 PM
In general, seeing the flop 4 handed or more, I play suited connectors up to three gaps, any pair, Axs, Kxs A9o and up, unsuited connectors higher than 78o, and any two paint cards. I play mostly six handed. The thing that I watch for with the Kxs and Axs is not to get trapped up with kicker problems if the A or K pairs and will let the weaker kicker ones go to heat on the turn, should the hand get that far.

If the only the button and big blind, I will play any two and try to steal on the flop with iniative a good deal of the time. The pot is going to be small, so a pot sized bet on the flop is going to be cheap. The reason the button is generally in the hand is because he wants to steal on the flop when we both check.