PDA

View Full Version : Borgata 1-2 NL, 99 in EP.

bunky9590
08-29-2004, 02:18 PM
No reads yet on the table as its my first rotation.

I have black nines in Ep with $300.00 in stack. I limp the $2.00, raised on my mimmediate left to $12.00. 2 callers back to me and I close the action with a call. Pot is $48.00.

Flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
This could get interesting. Lets let the PFR bet and trap the field with a whamo raise. BB checks, I check, PFR bets a quarter, all folded to me. Well, that sucked. So, I just call.

Turn K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check, He checks.

River Brick, but it wasn't a diamond. Bunky bets $50.00 PFR calls. How was that?

BobboFitos
08-29-2004, 04:01 PM
I'd like to know how much $$$ the raiser has in front of him; if he's as deep as you are, I would've led into him on the flop.

That beind said, when you bet the river, the hands you have to worry about are pocket KK and AQd. Everything else PFR could be raising with doesn't have you beaten. He calls here with AA and AK. Perhaps QQ.

The question is was the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif a scare card for him or did it complete his hand? He either checked behind to keep the pot small or to induce you to bluff on the river.

He didn't raise the river so I'm taking a guess and saying he had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Ax, and you won the 172$ pot? I hope so atleast /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bunky9590
08-29-2004, 04:04 PM
My apologies, he had me well covered. He had like 1k behind.

But quick question, why would I blow the position I have on the raiser when he's most likely going to auto bet this flop and potentiall trap the field between us before my subsequent Big raise?

BobboFitos
08-29-2004, 04:15 PM
But quick question, why would I blow the position I have on the raiser when he's most likely going to auto bet this flop and potentiall trap the field between us before my subsequent Big raise?

If you checkraise the raiser he can get away from his hand. (Especially when he vastly underbets the flop) You said your image was that of a nut peddler. What does this seem like?... It seems like you're nut peddling.

However, if you lead into him, and then he raises, whatever action the players give you behind him is gravy. The point is you have your man, and you will be able to double through him right here.
The reason you're blowing your position is because you have the nuts on the flop. Aim to get all your money IN on the flop, because when a scare card hits, (I.E. K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) You will second guess yourself if he bets again, or if you checkraised and he called, whether to bet again.

bunky9590
08-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Nah, I still dont want to lead there with my position on the raiser being the best possible. I'll post results later and You may actually agree with my play. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Daann
08-29-2004, 05:05 PM
I like it until you just called on the flop. I would raise simply because there are so many possible action killers that could fall on the turn.

bunky9590
08-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Well The villain had A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif and MHWG.

If I raised the flop, he was gone, If I bet the flop he was gone and I made nada. As it was he hit the worst card imagineable on the turn for him. The river bet he said was right on the verge of what he would call.

BobboFitos
08-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Well The villain had A K and MHWG.

If I raised the flop, he was gone, If I bet the flop he was gone and I made nada. As it was he hit the worst card imagineable on the turn for him. The river bet he said was right on the verge of what he would call.

Nice hand then!

Daann
08-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Nice one. Thing is, if he did have an overpair, then that diamond would have scared the crap out of him, especially when he is most likely to have put you on a draw.

NaobisDad
08-29-2004, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well The villain had A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif and MHWG.

[/ QUOTE ]

This analysis seems a little results oriented. If you read him on that hand I would say good play. however, I think there were more hands he could have played the way he did, ones that would've payed you off.
Also, the first thing that came to my mind was bet into the preflop raiser as well. I think he would've definately raised. But I understand your desire to trap the field.

bunky9590
08-30-2004, 09:53 AM
I could have a lot more than a draw there. You figure, he still called my $50.00 bet on the river with nothing but AK.

Daann
08-30-2004, 08:29 PM
I would called as well. The check call, check when hits on turn, small river bet line is typical of a completed draw and is the first thing that he would put you seeing as he had no read on you. However he has enough doubt in his mind to justify a call getting 3:1 on his money.

cornell2005
08-30-2004, 08:42 PM
pot is 150 on the river, HU against the pfr? that bet size seems nice, though i personally probably bet like 65. same thing practically. you want to value bet JJ, QQ, and to a lesser extent, AK.

as a side note, do you call his river push? do you call it if the turn was a queen/jack of diamonds?

edit: oh yea pot was 100. i bet river between 35 and 55

bunky9590
08-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Against this guy is he pushes? I'd have to get a read on him. Later in the session I had him down cold. If he bet the turn I'd be more afraid. The river push? A definite maybe.

The pot is $98.00 on the river before my bet. I Half potted it.

cornell2005
08-30-2004, 09:00 PM
im almost positive i fold if he pushes after my river bet. theres almost no hand he would/could play taht way that you beat, except a badly played AA, or a huge bluff. plus if he were bluffing he almost always would do so on the turn.

on the other hand, if you bet the turn and he pushed, id possibly call. id definently call if the turn were a J or Q of diamonds, and think about calling if it were a K