PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "Bet this river?"

TimM
08-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero ????

prayformojo
08-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Bet this river.

MoDOH
08-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Bet!
If he had been holding AK he would have raised the turn or bet the river...

spamuell
08-29-2004, 01:59 PM
This looks so much like a smaller pair you should definitely bet. Also you really really rarely get check-raised on this river.

Eihli
08-29-2004, 01:59 PM
And if you are c/r, you can fold/call?

spamuell
08-29-2004, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And if you are c/r, you can fold/call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you'll disagree but against most straightforward opponents I can find a fold here. Against anyone who is a little tricky I call of course. Against a complete unknown, I'll probably call (but it's rare that someone is a complete unknown).

Anyway I think you get check-raised such a small amount of the time here that you can definitely bet.

TimM
08-29-2004, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This looks so much like a smaller pair you should definitely bet. Also you really really rarely get check-raised on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I get check-raised on the river so much it's not funny. I guess that just goes with the territory when they can be 99% sure I will bet. I could see a lot of my opponents playing big hands this way, waiting for the river to nail me, even with AK. They live for that [censored] and it costs them, more than they know.

His hand basically screamed QQ to me (he had JJ). I was just wondering if he really loses more of his calls than he wins here. Most people I see will not cap with smaller pairs, or unpaired hands other than AKs, but then most do not cap JJ. I am probably giving him too much credit, but he should have been aware that at the river, all of my PF 3-betting hands have him beat, except the unlikely JJ tie. So, I checked behind and MHIG.