PDA

View Full Version : A couple AK hands from the Borgata 1-2 NL.

bunky9590
08-29-2004, 09:17 AM
1 played slow, 1 played hyper speed. You be the judge.

First hand.
Game is deep with an average stack of around 500, Bunky has $340.00. Villain in the hand plays aggressively when he is a hand and has around $900.00 in front of him. We had locked up in a pot eariler and I showed down a great hand to beat him. He had also made a couple big flop raises with very margainal holdings and he got caught once doing it.

Bunky has A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif In MP folded to Bunky and Bunky opena raises to $10.00. Called by Villain on my immediate left, and the BB. Three to the flop with a $31.00 pot.

Flop comes: A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, Bunky bets $15.00. Villain raises to $70.00 straight. BB folds, Bunky insta pushes for $300 and change. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

AK hand #2.
Villain in this hand pushes too hard with Junk and spiked his 3 outer kicker on the river once in a pot with me for like an $80.00 pot. So he is definitely a loose cannon., and he has around $500.00 . Bunky has $450.00.

Bunky is in MP again and open raises to $10.00 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Called by villain on the button and the BB again.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, Bunky bets $15.00, villain calls, BB folds.

Turn T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Bunky checks, villain bets $25.00, Bunky calls.

River Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
Bunky bets $25.00, Villain thinks and calls.

Results later. Opinions?

NaobisDad
08-29-2004, 12:24 PM
In that first hand you said he tried flop bets like that before, but I don't know if he's capable of doing so on a suited flop.

That's why I think this hand depends on what you think he'll do. Do you think he was trying to push you off your hand with a worse hand?

You bet about 300 to win about 115 (about 2.6 - 1), and if called you are most likely about 2 - 1 behind to a made flush or a set here. I'm therefore not too crazy about that flop all in. Seems like he'd have to fold a good number of times for that bet to be profitable.

Calling the flop you get about 2 -1 from the pot. But if you miss the turn you are not in great shape either. That makes this hand difficult to play. But if you do miss the turn you have about 250 behind, you should be able to get away from your hand.

The second hands seems fine. I just wonder if you bet that 25 on the river to prevent him from firing a larger bet? And would you've folded to a raise on the river?

bunky9590
08-29-2004, 12:49 PM
1st hand, I read him as weak (and was correct). Also with him being on my left for a long session to come, I couldn't let him even think he could push me around. He had to be made aware that I will put the chips in the middle and put him to the test. I thought I not only had the best hand but the best draw, but with him in position Its not a hand that I want to play guessing games with on the turn. Its alos to let them know that I will fire the half pot bet on the flop with monsters as well as my steal bets. (Oh yeah and it didnt hurt that I had a nut peddling nit image)

Hand 2. Special thanks to Matt Flynn, limon and the boys for the thread in PLNL mid/high. (The blocking bet) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

NaobisDad
08-29-2004, 12:59 PM
I was about to thank the guys for that blockbet thread myself. I've used it to full advantage.

Still, on the flop, when you think you have the better hand draw, you want him to call. I understand that you don't want to trouble you get once you miss the turn, but do you think he'll call your all in with a weaker A or high draw or pair often enough to make it profitable?
Right now it seems he has to fold at least 4 out of every 5 times you make this play.

I'm curious what others have to say about this one.

bunky9590
08-29-2004, 01:02 PM
I was actually begging for a call from this guy. He folded AJ with a club. He thought for a real long time before he folded. He would call with a lot of hands that I beat.

Was a dead give away when he said he plays a lot on Party Poker. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

bunky9590
08-29-2004, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think he was trying to push you off your hand with a worse hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do.

[ QUOTE ]
You bet about 300 to win about 115 (about 2.6 - 1), and if called you are most likely about 2 - 1 behind to a made flush or a set here. I'm therefore not too crazy about that flop all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing that you neglect to see my friend is that I have the Key card in my hand The K /images/graemlins/club.gif. Kinda hard for him to have the nuts. And with a player like me putting the screws to you with that big of a push right there, it sure does smell like the nuts. Either way with this hand it was a semi bluff. It was just a semi bluff with the best hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Calling the flop you get about 2 -1 from the pot. But if you miss the turn you are not in great shape either. That makes this hand difficult to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of position, that's why I pushed it there. In position to his check raise I call and see what the turn brings. Big difference when it comes to position with this hand.

ThanksInAdvance
08-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Can you link me to that post? Thanks.

bunky9590
08-29-2004, 04:05 PM
I don't link well. But its in the PLNL mid high section under the thread "the suppression bet"

NaobisDad
08-29-2004, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Was a dead give away when he said he plays a lot on Party Poker. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!

sfer
08-29-2004, 05:56 PM
What's your flop action on Hand 1 if your hand is, say, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif?

bunky9590
08-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Bet and fold to the raise.

bunky9590
08-30-2004, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You bet about 300 to win about 115 (about 2.6 - 1), and if called you are most likely about 2 - 1 behind to a made flush or a set here. I'm therefore not too crazy about that flop all in. Seems like he'd have to fold a good number of times for that bet to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not counting the times he'll call with A? Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
This guy was aggressive and would and couldvery well call with any big ace here. He folded however, I must have gotten some respect after all.