PDA

View Full Version : Situation I don't think is close

Chris Daddy Cool
08-29-2004, 06:14 AM
Party 3/6

I'm UTG and raise with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Coldcalled by calling station UTG+1. Folded back to the SB who 3-bets. BB folds. I call. UTG+1 calls.

Flop 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets. I... ?

I think the answer is pretty clear.

MoDOH
08-29-2004, 06:49 AM
I assume that it is Normal PP people at the table as you didnīt say otherwise.

with 10 SB in the pot I think itīs worth fighting for so I would reraise here.

UTG+1 could have anything from a small PP to big suited connectors to... well pretty much anything... but my guess would be he has like JQs or something like that.

SB could have anything from 77+ to two overcards

If I raise and get reraised I know I am prob behind to either bigger overcards (AK,AQ) or a some PP. So then I would call and then fold to a river bet unless I hit a pair.

If I raise and get called by either SB or UTG+1 I would lead the turn and check the river unimproved.

If I raise and both of them fold, then I would open up a beer... or two...

Aljechin
08-29-2004, 06:59 AM
SB is really aggressive here preflop if he 3 bets with 77 or (edit: QJs here , should read with a little more thought).
And if we suppose he's not really aggressive since they typically are not, then he probably has a better hand here..

bakku
08-29-2004, 07:05 AM
I fold.

House-Lion
08-29-2004, 07:17 AM
This looks like a hand where I probably will go wrong /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I know for sure it's either raise or fold on the flop.

If I get cold-called on the flop-raise by calling-station and SB just calls I lead out the turn.

If SB-3-bets I'm getting worried and will call but fold the turn unimproved.

<font color="green">Main problem here is that my hand could easily be dominated by SB and I need to hit both Q and K (or QQ or KK on turn and river) to be good here and even then someone might have the straight, full house or trips with better kicker, and ofcourse not to mention the calling-station who is likely to have anything from total random two-pair to some off-suit junk. </font> However very often SB will also have the medium pocket-pair.

MarkL444
08-29-2004, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the answer is pretty clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your answer is pretty clear.

Im folding.

House-Lion
08-29-2004, 07:28 AM
Why are you folding here MarkL444 (or anyone else)? Is it because of my reasons listed above for folding? Risk of domination? Something else? Please fill me in since this is exactly one of my big chip-leaks! Thanks in advance!

How should your hand look to continue on this exact flop action?

Trix
08-29-2004, 08:07 AM
You fold and I think itīs pretty clear aswell.

Keats13
08-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Easy fold. SB 3-bet an UTG raiser out of position. Unless I have a read on him as a LAG, I put him on a pretty narrow range of hands (JJ-AA, AKs, AK, maybe AQs). Every one of these hands except JJ has me drawing to 3 outs or less after this flop.

Your only hope is that he has AK/AQ AND you will be able to fold everyone by raising the flop and betting the turn. I don't see that scenario happening here often enough to invest the minimum 2 BB it would take to try.

chesspain
08-29-2004, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your only hope is that he has AK/AQ AND you will be able to fold everyone by raising the flop and betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that there is only one other player besides for SB still in this hand?

chesspain
08-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Although my first instinct was too fold, I thought I would give it a closer look...and the more I think about it, the more I think that raising might be best (calling seems terrible).

The one advantage CDC has over the SB is that CDC's hand is better disguised, and unless his opponent knows CDC well, he could think that CDC could easily have failed to cap preflop with a hand like TT/JJ/ATs or even QQ. Consequently, if a flop raise might shake the calling station off of whatever crappy pair he might be holding, then CDC is in perfect shape to steal the pot away from SB if no Bdwy cards fall (unless of course SB has a premium pair).

Keats13
08-29-2004, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You realize that there is only one other player besides for SB still in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do. And that person has been described as a calling station. That, combined with SB's likely holdings, make this a fold.

There are about 5 BB in the pot after the SB bets out. You have to risk 2 BB to win these 5 (and another 0.5 for the SB's flop call). I don't think this line is going to work often enough to make that worthwhile.

BigEndian
08-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Fold. There's an argument for taking one off getting ~10-1 but I generally opt not to with a 3-bet coming from the blinds - unless the 3-bettor has proven to have fairly loose raising standards.

- Jim

BigEndian
08-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Raising here is peen waiving at it's finest and flushing chips.

- Jim

cnfuzzd
08-29-2004, 11:25 AM
I think its a fold. Chances are more likely that SB has a hand that dominates hero's, such as AK or AQ or even worse QQ-AA, than a hand dominated by hero's, such as KJ or QJ. The presence of the calling station reduces the chances of picking up this pot by outplaying, and more importantly, i think, decreases the chance of winning this hand unimproved. I think its a fold.

peace

john nickle

arkady
08-29-2004, 02:47 PM
UTG_1 will call this one (better odds), you are drawing to 6 most likely very clean outs. In fact, QK is probably even better than AK, since the A may be dirty.

I call, pot is big.

sublime
08-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Where is the exit sign?

balkii
08-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Raising here is peen waiving at it's finest and flushing chips.

Word.

tolbiny
08-29-2004, 03:47 PM
"you are drawing to 6 most likely very clean outs"

Please post a general idea of what hands you expect to get three bet from the sb.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-29-2004, 04:58 PM
This is a clear fold.

For one, there's no draw on the board for me except a backdoor straight, which is pretty useless by itself and I have no idea what I want to see on the turn.

When you get 3-bet preflop, KQo is not a good hand to have.

sublime
08-29-2004, 05:01 PM

now THAT is a bumper sticker waiting to happen /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sfer
08-29-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I have a remarkable knack for flopping trip Queens.