PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy football buffs... how well did auction?

pokerwisc
08-29-2004, 05:25 AM
ten person auction league, basic TD and yardage scoring, $100 cap.

QBs

Brett Favre
Drew Bledsoe
Kurt Warner

RBs

Clinton Portis
Jamal Lewis
Steven Jackson
William Green

WRs

Chad Johnson
Javon Walker
Reggie Wayne
Roy Williams

TEs

Bubba Franks

K

Mike Vanderjagt

D

Jacksonville

ThaSaltCracka
08-29-2004, 05:29 AM
awesome pick with Portis. He is going to have a monster year, my guess is close to 2k yards.

tolbiny
08-29-2004, 05:39 AM
William green is going to play very little this year barring an injury to Lee Suggs (not that your fourth back will be playing much anyway).

The Armchair
08-29-2004, 11:38 AM
I think you have a lot of overrated players (Walker, Wayne, JLewis) and really have no need for a 3rd string QB -- especially with Ironman Favre on your roster. In general, it's a good team, though.

SossMan
08-30-2004, 07:20 PM
pretty weak at WR and I'm not a huge Jamal lewis fan this year. fairly average team, IMO.

Mano
08-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Pretty weak at QB and WR. Favre is old, and offense based around Green, Bledsoe is very fragile, and Warner probably won't be getting much playing time.

jwvdcw
08-31-2004, 12:40 AM
Portis and Lewis makes any team great imo. Hard to go wrong when you have 2 top 8 RBs. Chad Johnson is a top 3 WR imo as well, so I love your team.

hutz
08-31-2004, 01:41 PM
There is no way Chad Johnson should be one of the first three WRs taken in a standard redraft league. That bears repeating. There is no way Chad Johnson should be one of the first three WRs taken in a standard redraft league.

Which of Moss, Harrison, and Owens (not to mention Holt) drops below Johnson on your list?

bosoxfan
08-31-2004, 02:49 PM
I know Portis and Lewis are highly rated, however I'd be a little weary. Lewis may spend the second half of the season in jail and I don't see Portis putting up the numbers he did in Denver. He's a talented back but looking at the recent history of Denvers backs you have to believe Shanahan's schemes played a big roll in his totals.

SossMan
08-31-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which of Moss, Harrison, and Owens (not to mention Holt) drops below Johnson on your list?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Moss, Harrison, TO, Holt, Mason, Santana Moss, and Ward rated higher than Johnson. He has basically a rookie throwing to him, for christsake

SossMan
08-31-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Warner probably won't be getting much playing time.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, someone doesn't watch sportscenter

Mano
08-31-2004, 05:41 PM
Warner may be starting now, but do you think he will still be taking snaps at the end of the season?

jwvdcw
09-01-2004, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way Chad Johnson should be one of the first three WRs taken in a standard redraft league. That bears repeating. There is no way Chad Johnson should be one of the first three WRs taken in a standard redraft league.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the numbers from last year.

TO: 80 catches for 1102 yards, 9TDs

CJ: 90 catches for 1355 yards, 10TDs

Throw in the fact the WRs switching teams have struggled mightily in the past. For some recent examples look at Peerless Price, David Boston, or Johnnie Morton.

Add to that the fact that C Johnson is just entering his prime and could easily improve, while TO seems to have peeked already.

jwvdcw
09-01-2004, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Moss, Harrison, TO, Holt, Mason, Santana Moss, and Ward rated higher than Johnson. He has basically a rookie throwing to him, for christsake

[/ QUOTE ]

He had Jon Kitna throwing to him last year! Jon Kitna! And now he has the #1 overall pick throwing to him. Thats an upgrade imo.

wayabvpar
09-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Chad Johnson might have a big 2nd half. The first half will be dismal- Carson Palmer is still learning his position.

As for the team- I can't think of a reason to draft 3 QBs. RBs- Portis will struggle with Washington's O-line, but should still have a decent year. William Green will be 2nd string at best, out for a year for substance abuse at the worst. Recieving corps are thin. Average team overall.

SossMan
09-01-2004, 03:11 PM
He had Jon Kitna throwing to him last year! Jon Kitna! And now he has the #1 overall pick throwing to him. Thats an upgrade imo.

Maybe you didn't watch football last year, but Kitna was getting MVP consideration and made the pro-bowl while Palmer, umm...held a clipboard.

TO's move is clearly going to be good for him since he felt underused in SF, and now has something to prove. mcnabb also now has no excuses, so I feel TO will be force fed the ball this year.
I like Chad, but I'm just worried about who is getting him the ball.

bugstud
09-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Moss, Holt, Harrison. You make a great case for him being #4, and in td distance bonus leagues he's probably #3. But I think to call him top 3 right now is a slight stretch.

jwvdcw
09-01-2004, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you didn't watch football last year, but Kitna was getting MVP consideration and made the pro-bowl while Palmer, umm...held a clipboard.

TO's move is clearly going to be good for him since he felt underused in SF, and now has something to prove. mcnabb also now has no excuses, so I feel TO will be force fed the ball this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

TO was among the league leaders in targets in SF and even led the league a few years. I think he'll feel underused anywhere. He won't see nearly those number of balls in Philly.

jwvdcw
09-01-2004, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And Carson Palmer beat out Kitna for the starting job! Its not like they lost Kitna to free agency....they decided that they had another player who was better.

jwvdcw
09-01-2004, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Moss, Holt, Harrison. You make a great case for him being #4, and in td distance bonus leagues he's probably #3. But I think to call him top 3 right now is a slight stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with Moss and Harrison. However, Holt has had one top 5 season in something like 5 or 6 years. C Johnson meanwhile is just entering his prime.

Overall, though, I can't disagre if your top 3 is Holt, Moss, Harrison. I would put Johnson at #4 though, so I still like his team. Perhaps top 3 is indeed a stretch.