PDA

View Full Version : It's clear the conservatives here have little or no combat experience

jokerswild
08-29-2004, 05:14 AM
I bet that they fit a profile of upper middle, or lower upper class people that had every advantage given to them by the society. They care only about their tax brackets, and nothing for the long term health of the democracy.

The clearest factor, however, is that they like Bush because they too were cowards, and will greatfully cheer as lower income soldiers die for their profits.

tolbiny
08-29-2004, 05:17 AM
The clearest factor, however, is that they like Bush because they too were cowards, and will greatfully cheer as lower income soldiers die for their profits.

Thanks for this- I was worried that we were running out of general, insulting, factless stereotypes. Without posts like these we might waste out time on discussions of policy, economic thoery, and why the hell my blender only came with an 18" cord.
thanks again for the post.

wacki
08-29-2004, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this- I was worried that we were running out of general, insulting, factless stereotypes. Without posts like these we might waste out time on discussions of policy, economic thoery, and why the hell my blender only came with an 18" cord.
thanks again for the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. It's a shame about the blender, I feel your pain.

ACPlayer
08-29-2004, 07:19 PM
we might waste out time on discussions

Discussions?!? Here?!? You need help man.

This board is dedicated to trying the impossible -- getting MMMMMMM, Stu, Wake Up, Jimbo and others to see that they are clearly wrong about every thing -- and then reading their non-sequiters.

If you have not noticed, I am the only person here with an open mind.

I HATE THIS ADMINISTRATION, JUST BECAUSE I HATE THIS ADMINISTRATION.

benfranklin
08-29-2004, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a shame about the blender, I feel your pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't feel a bit sorry for him. It's clear that he has a short cord because he is a rich conservative who was just throwing his money around foolishly, and now is too cowardly to stand up for his god-given right to a proper blender cord.

wacki
08-29-2004, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't feel a bit sorry for him. It's clear that he has a short cord because he is a rich conservative who was just throwing his money around foolishly, and now is too cowardly to stand up for his god-given right to a proper blender cord.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one word, and it's.....

bigot

natedogg
08-29-2004, 09:51 PM
Do you feel that you haven't yet proven you are a moron? I can't think of any other reason why you keep making these utterly inane posts. You are an embarassment to the loyal opposition.

natedogg

MMMMMM
08-29-2004, 11:07 PM
"Do you feel that you haven't yet proven you are a moron? I can't think of any other reason why you keep making these utterly inane posts. You are an embarassment to the loyal opposition."

He might be a really, really, really good secret agent for the other side.

benfranklin
08-30-2004, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bigot

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one word, and it's...

fish!

Proving once again that it is impossible to post anything satirical here, no matter how ridiculous, that someone won't take seriously and take offense at.

Stu Pidasso
08-30-2004, 12:46 AM
I wore hand me downs growing up.
I paid for 90% of my college education myself(parents paid the other 10%) by busting my ass working full time and going to school full time.
Were in not for gambling income I would have paid 0 income tax in 2003.
I never had the occasion to be in combat.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother spent a year in theater and during that time his income was more than mine. Should he have met his demise, It would have been for a worthy cause.

Stu

wacki
08-30-2004, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bigot

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one word, and it's...

fish!

Proving once again that it is impossible to post anything satirical here, no matter how ridiculous, that someone won't take seriously and take offense at.

[/ QUOTE ]

:-) Sorry. I'm just sick of Democrats saying Conservatives are stupid, and vice versa. If that is satire, then I am a fish. Sorry. It's currently 1:18 AM on a Sunday/monday morning and I'm crunching out code. Been in the lab way too long. Please accept my appologies. You also have to realize that it's impossible to tell your tone of voice via text, and there are alot of stupid people posting. i.e. this thread. Come to think of it, your post didn't seem that any more ridiculous than jokerswild's. So how was I supposed to tell?

wacki
08-30-2004, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wore hand me downs growing up.
I paid for 90% of my college education myself(parents paid the other 10%) by busting my ass working full time and going to school full time.
Were in not for gambling income I would have paid 0 income tax in 2003.
I never had the occasion to be in combat.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother spent a year in theater and during that time his income was more than mine. Should he have met his demise, It would have been for a worthy cause.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

You and your brother have my utmost respect.

Zeno
08-30-2004, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously they don't have enough combat experience in satire or the use of satirical utterances in debates or discussions.

Now you will have to excuse me, I'm trying to stuff Michael Moore into a blender......

-Zeno

Stu Pidasso
08-30-2004, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This board is dedicated to trying the impossible -- getting MMMMMMM, Stu, Wake Up, Jimbo and others to see that they are clearly wrong about every thing

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one thing we are definately right about. George Bush's duaghters are clearly much hotter than John Kerry's

Stu

jokerswild
08-30-2004, 05:52 AM
The truth hurts. You can't handle the truth. So far the basic premise of the post, that the conservatives on this board have little or no combat experience, has held up very well. They are joined in that by Bush/Cheney, Wolfowitz, Scooter Libby, and all the Republican chicken-hawks in Congress.

You are an embarassment to the men and women throughout history that gave their lives so coke fiends can eat from the silver spoon their entire lives.

ACPlayer
08-30-2004, 06:01 AM
True and they seem to have inherited a penchant for addictive alcohol and possibly drug behaviours from pappy. But they are probably good for an hour romp. I do suspect that after thay would be incredibly boring.

Now Chelsea, one could have a nice long intelligent conversation with in addition to her obvious hottness!

Stu Pidasso
08-30-2004, 06:07 AM
Jokerswild

You're an embarassment to stupid people.

Stu

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-30-2004, 06:11 AM
1) Liberal Democrats got us into Vietnam
2) Prominent conservatives with combat experience - George H. W. Bush, Bob Dole, Dwight Eisenhower, Alexander Haig, Richard Nixon.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have much use for Republicrats on either side of the aisle, but that doesn't change the fact that your generalization is wrong.

BeerMoney
08-30-2004, 11:24 AM
then send yourself or someone you love. I know its an easy thing to say, but its also pretty hard to find a flaw with this statement. I'm sure everyone will have an excuse why they can't go over and fight, just further supporting the statement.

wacki
08-30-2004, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jokerswild

You're an embarassment to stupid people.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

mmbt0ne
08-30-2004, 01:33 PM
I am listed as not physically able to serve since I'm deaf in my right ear from a cholesteatoma that I got when I was 10. Now, I'm one of the first generations of my family not to serve in one of the armed forces. Unfortunately, someone forgot to mention to the tumor that I was an upper-middle class white male conservative, otherwise it would've happened to someone I was holding down.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-30-2004, 07:28 PM
I tried to enlist in September of 2001. They told me I was too old.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-30-2004, 07:34 PM
then send yourself or someone you love.

This is just plain stupid. I support the war, and I'm too old to serve. My loved ones are each free individuals and are capable of making their own decisions. If one of them chooses to go, he/she has my support. If not, I respect that choice as well.

Last I checked we have a voluntary military service. Everybody who is in the war is there because they chose to be in the service. Nobody is being sent to fight in this war against his or her will. When you join, you accept the terms.

If they try to re-institute the draft, I'll be the first one out there on the picket lines.

BeerMoney
08-30-2004, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
then send yourself or someone you love.

This is just plain stupid. I support the war, and I'm too old to serve. My loved ones are each free individuals and are capable of making their own decisions. If one of them chooses to go, he/she has my support. If not, I respect that choice as well.

Last I checked we have a voluntary military service. Everybody who is in the war is there because they chose to be in the service. Nobody is being sent to fight in this war against his or her will. When you join, you accept the terms.

If they try to re-institute the draft, I'll be the first one out there on the picket lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the insult.

If its so stupid, then why do you have such a hard time showing how stupid it is? If its so stupid, why do you say, I tried but I was too old?

I don't have any kids, but I can say that if I thought our country was in danger and my son asked "dad, should I go and fight?" My answer would be "yes, I think its your duty to go and protect your country." If I didn't support the war, I would say "no, we shouldn't be fighting."

So, you think the statement is stupid because you can't legally send someone you love? Well that's funny, I think you are nit-picking simpleton who can't understand the gist of the statement.

Obbiously a lot of Americans tried to sign up on 9/11 because we had a well defined enemy. Is this the case with Iraq? How many supporters of the war are signing up to go over there?

wacki
08-30-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried to enlist in September of 2001. They told me I was too old.

[/ QUOTE ]

The airforce told me I was too tall. That's no joke.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the insult.

I said your statement was stupid, not you.

If its so stupid, why do you say, I tried but I was too old?

Because it is true.

I can say that if I thought our country was in danger and my son asked "dad, should I go and fight?" My answer would be "yes, I think its your duty to go and protect your country." If I didn't support the war, I would say "no, we shouldn't be fighting."

That sounds reasonable, but it would be his decision, and I'd stress that since it would be his life he was risking, he would have to make that choice himself.

I think you are nit-picking simpleton who can't understand the gist of the statement.

*shrug* I'll let this go. You misinterpreted my "this is just plain stupid" comment as ad hominem, which it was not, thus you just thought you were responding in kind. I trust now you understand that I was speaking of your words, not of you as a person.

How many supporters of the war are signing up to go over there?

I have no idea, but I am certain there are some. As I've said before, the minute any administration tries to draft soldiers, is the day I join the protests, even for a war I support.