PDA

View Full Version : A5s, TPNK, fold to a raise?

House-Lion
08-29-2004, 05:03 AM
Where did I go wrong here? Fold pre-flop?

Table wasnt aggressive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 <font color="purple">(passive)</font> calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB <font color="purple">(fair)</font> completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
fair checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, passive folds, <font color="CC3333">fair raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">fair bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">fair bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8 BB, between fair and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by fair (8 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
fair shows Ts Ad (one pair, aces).
Hero shows 5s As (one pair, aces).
Outcome: fair wins 8 BB. </font>

Fnord
08-29-2004, 05:06 AM
Pre-flop: Depends on the table, you want a really loose/passive table to open here with A5s.

Flop: Depends on your read of the SB. He didn't show any aggression pre-flop reducing the chances of being up against AK/AQ. Would be a really silly way to play a flush too. With a small pot, you can fold here if you think he's got a legit check/raise hand.

House-Lion
08-29-2004, 05:42 AM
Do you mean call the raise and then fold on the turn unimproved or just fold to the raise? I hate to fold to raises since people may quickly start taking shots at you.

Fnord
08-29-2004, 05:44 AM
Either line is fine. If they want to take shots at me, so be it.