PDA

View Full Version : 200+15 Hand

ThingDo
08-29-2004, 03:17 AM
Hey guys, I wasn't in this hand, but I saw it take place and thought it was interesting. Let me know what you think.

32 players left top 120 pay 2 more players means 200 more dollars.

Folded to a tight aggro player (T18k about 12k below avg at this point ) who hasnt raised very often on the button who raises to T7000 while the blinds are 1500/3000. New player in the SB w/ about T56k which is about 20k or so above avg who raises to T11000. BB folds and the button calls.

Flop is Qs7s4d SB puts the button all in and he calls. The button has 66 (no spade ) and the SB has AQo. How do you think they played their hands assuming no reads.

Ian J
08-29-2004, 03:26 AM
I think they both played the hand pretty poorly. The button needs to push w/ 66 here when it's folded to him. There's simply no bones about it or other way to play this hand. Being that he raised to 7k, if the SB does decide to re-raise (which I like), he should make it enough that the button will be all in if he calls. If the BB is somewhat short, I'd just push from the SB here. However, if the BB has my stack or something close to it and I'm the SB, I'd only raise it to about 20k so I can get away if the BB moves in. To sum it up, they both butchered it pretty badly.

ThingDo
08-29-2004, 03:45 AM
Question: By saying "pushing is the only option" do you mean that its the only option if he is going to raise or that its the only option period.

lastchance
08-29-2004, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Question: By saying "pushing is the only option" do you mean that its the only option if he is going to raise or that its the only option period.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're dealt sixes, it's folded to you in the button, you have 6x BB... Why you shouldn't push? I mean, you could fold, but that's weak-tight, but the prize structure might make it +EV. What's the payout right now? Is $200 more a lot? What do the people final tabling get?

As for SB, yeah, you need to get away from this if BB decides to go after you, but otherwise, you'll take the coinflip or AJ, AT, KQ (thinking about A9, A8) he should be raising with (well, the correct play is push) in that situation.

ThingDo
08-29-2004, 04:08 AM
I wasn't saying pushing is incorrect I was asking if thats what the poster was implying. I wanted to be clear as to how he thought the hand should be played.

Ian J
08-29-2004, 04:14 AM
Any raise that's not a push is just poor. Calling is obviously atrocious. And folding, well, that's about as weak tight scared play as you can find. So yes, I think w/ 6 BBs in your stack and 66 on the button in an unopened pot, pushing is the only option. Folding is a distant 2nd.

betgo
08-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Both players should have pushed before the flop.

SB's wimpy reraise looks the kind of move some people make with big pairs, so it would scare me a little if I were the button.