PDA

View Full Version : Scariest table ever..

lastchance
08-28-2004, 10:37 PM
You're at the WSOP final table. You've managed to get Aces and Kings all day long, and also have hit incredible suckouts when you're behind to build a monster stack.

The question is, sitting down at the final table, who do you least want to see sitting at your table trying to take your chips? Which 9 players do you least want to see there?

snoopdogg
08-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Something like: Gus Hansen, Doyle Brunson, Howard Lederer, Daniel Negreanu, Dan Harrington, Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth, Johnny Chan, Barry Greenstein.

A nightmare table that's not so loose agressive that sitting back and not doing anything too stupid will allow me to place highly.

Aceshigh7
08-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Doyle Brunson
Gus Hansen
Daniel Negreanu
John Juanda
Allen Cunningham
Chris Ferguson
Howard Lederer
Phil Hellmuth
Scotty Nguyen
Johnny Chan

Sundevils21
08-29-2004, 01:24 AM
When did Layne Flack fall off of everybody's lists? All of the "top xx" lists, LF has never really been mentioned. I sure as heck don't want to see that mofo.

The Auctioneer
08-29-2004, 01:36 AM
nine internet players

DontRaisePlz
08-29-2004, 01:40 AM
Layne on top of his game is top-8 NL, drunk, top-3.

Without needing to mention the obvious all-time tournament greats like Doyle, Hellmuth, Chan, etc: I don't want any of these guys to my right in a NL final table with huge blinds, huge antes:
Gus Hansen
Amir Vahedi
Layne Flack
Hoyt Corkins
Ted Forrest
Kirril Gerasimov
Huck Seed
Antonio Asfandiari
Daniel Negraneau

fsuplayer
08-29-2004, 02:18 AM
I don't want any of these guys to my right in a NL final table

Hoyt Corkins

I would love him on my right. He does his all in preflop dance and I call with a Aj, 77 or better type hand.

fsuplayer

DontRaisePlz
08-29-2004, 02:40 AM
Hm... that should've read on the left.

Josh W
08-29-2004, 07:22 AM
I agree, Layne is the **only** player I fear. I respect a ton of players, but I've beat everybody before.

I've never beaten Layne, and he's owned me in a few tournies. Until I beat him, he'll continue to own me psychologically. I hope he takes up knitting.

Josh

Mikey
08-29-2004, 12:13 PM
phil ivey, antonio esfandiari, gus hansen, phil hellmuth, shawn ayre, ariel valenti, mike fran, terry milano, bruce willis

RPatterson
08-29-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're at the WSOP final table. You've managed to get Aces and Kings all day long, and also have hit incredible suckouts when you're behind to build a monster stack.

The question is, sitting down at the final table, who do you least want to see sitting at your table trying to take your chips? Which 9 players do you least want to see there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go with Negreanu, Ivey, Lederer, Men Nyguyn, Chip Reese, Brunson, Greenstein, Hansen.

La Brujita
08-29-2004, 04:40 PM
In no particular order:

1. Dan Harrington
2. Chip Reese
3. Howard Lederer
4. Barry Greenstein
5. Doyle Brunson
6. Gus Hansen
7. Daniel Negreanu
8. Phil Ivey
9. John Juanda

If truth be told in terms of matching up against my style LAGs like Flack and Hansen are my worst matchup, but since I would be miles over my head I just put who I thought were the best players.

italianstang
08-29-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nine internet players

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, the hand the Men the Master lost on in this year's WSOP explains why. He had pocket aces, two hearts flopped, he moved all in, and some "guy" calls him with a non-nut heart flush draw and rivers it. Thats scary. While I guess I would be happy to have a table full of those players at a live cash game, where I could rebuy until I took advantage of their mistakes, at a big tournament, where when you are out you are out, they are really the last group I would want there. Obviously there are some good internet players etc., but players with the standard internet reputation scare me the most in that scenario.

dogmeat
08-29-2004, 05:45 PM
This isn't what you want to hear, but at this point, I don't care who is at the final table. I'm getting good hands, I'm sucking out when I have to. Bring 'em on! If it's nine guys I've heard of, at least I know a little bit about their play.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

fsuplayer
08-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Worst seat ever?

Right between Erostratus and "Handsome" Gus Hansen... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

RPatterson
08-29-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nine internet players

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, the hand the Men the Master lost on in this year's WSOP explains why. He had pocket aces, two hearts flopped, he moved all in, and some "guy" calls him with a non-nut heart flush draw and rivers it. Thats scary. While I guess I would be happy to have a table full of those players at a live cash game, where I could rebuy until I took advantage of their mistakes, at a big tournament, where when you are out you are out, they are really the last group I would want there. Obviously there are some good internet players etc., but players with the standard internet reputation scare me the most in that scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think you would stand a better chance against the best players in the world than ones that call all-ins with a flush draw?

RPatterson
08-29-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Worst seat ever?

Right between Erostratus and "Handsome" Gus Hansen... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You might get juices on you.

Richard Tanner
08-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Actually I agree, if you do your homework and study the game for a period of time, you can sit with the best in the world. Math knowledge never changes, it's the "feel" for the game that most of us lack in some quantity. With internet players like the one against Mihn and others, there's a reduced edge since you may beat a ton of them but the one you don't ends your run.

Cody

pilamsolo
08-29-2004, 09:00 PM
1. Phil Ivey
2. Ted Forrest
3. Gus Hansen
4. Layne Flack
5. Dan Harrington
6. Barry Greenstein
7. Howard Lederer
8,9 2 suckout artists from Party Poker.

This way every time I get a good hand one of three things will happen:
1. One of the first four will blow me off it.
2. One of the second three will have a better hand.
3. One of the Party Poker kids will river me.

James282
08-29-2004, 09:36 PM
I don't normally respond to posts like these but after reading Greg Raymer's posts for a while and hearing the way he thinks about the game(and now of course he has the results to back it up) he'd be #1 on my list of people I wouldn't want to face.
-James

maurile
08-30-2004, 12:09 AM
Johnny Chan
Dan Harrington
Mimi Rogers
Ken Warren
Erin Ness
Clonie Gowen
Ben Affleck
Greg Raymer
Larry Flynt

Trainwreck
08-30-2004, 06:23 AM
Phil Ivey
Layne Flack
Erick Lindgren
Stu Ungar
Paul Phillips
Ted Forrest
Men The Master
Tony G
Greg Raymer

>TW<

Trainwreck
08-30-2004, 06:25 AM
I posted my list before reading this reply, LF was my #2... 8)

>TW<

Mikey
08-30-2004, 06:29 AM
i'm surprised you didn't put Hansen first......

berya
08-30-2004, 12:33 PM
It's hard to name a whole table just based on TV. But out of the ones I've played with I sure would not want to see Daniel at my table. He must have my phone number or something.

italianstang
08-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Read the intro to his stupid poker book, its obnoxious.

sonny black
08-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Erik siedel
dan negreanu
john juanda
mike lainge
sam grizzle
scott fischman
Howard Lederer
Annie Duke
Johnny Chan

Sponger15SB
08-30-2004, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm surprised you didn't put Hansen first......

[/ QUOTE ]

He likes Hansen in the back.

Officer Farva
08-30-2004, 01:29 PM
1. Freddy Krueger
2. Jason
3. Frankenstein
4. Warewolf
5. Dracula
6. "Machine Gun" Patty
7. Marshmellow Man
8. Lachness Monster
9. Predator
10. Russian Dude from Rocky IV

I'd simply refuse to play, even on a freeroll.

Beavis68
08-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Scotty Nguyen is the scariest player to me. then just about everyone else I have ever seen play.

Guy I would most like at my table, Mike Matusow.

River2Pair
08-30-2004, 03:19 PM
1. Lancey (from the Cincinatti Kid)
2. Steve McQueen
3. Kenny Rodgers
4. Teddy KGB
5. Mel Gibson
6. James Gardner
7. "Wild" Bill Hicock (sp?)
8. Daniel Negreanu
9. Paul "Eskimo" Clark

Mikey
08-31-2004, 10:30 AM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Ohh my goodness, now that made me laugh.....

USCSigma1097
08-31-2004, 12:41 PM
My Scariest table would be:

Seat 1. A girl who thinks I'm attractive
Seat 2. A banker who wants to loan me money
Seat 3. An Empire Poker player who can't river a win against me
Seat 4. My Dad with something nice to say
Seat 5. A college coed who wants to sleep together, but "only as friends"
Seat 6. A lesbian who wants to be turned back to our team
Seat 7. Santa Claus
Seat 8. My credit card company calling to let me know that if I need a few months to make a payment, it's ok.

Why is that my scariest table? Because none of them exist.

Dan

eh923
08-31-2004, 03:58 PM
I doubt there's 10 of them, but I'd hate to sit down with "the crew". I'd be driven insane by all the asinine celebration after each hand.

kyro
08-31-2004, 04:53 PM
Count Dracula

Frankenstein

Freddy Kreuger

Jason Voorhees

Ursula from "Little Mermaid"

Scar from "Lion King"

The big hairy dude from that Bugs Bunny cartoon...I think it was Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow

Boo Diddly from Super Mario Bros. 3

Mrs. Devriendt, my 11-12 grade math teacher.

johnd192
08-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Gus Hansen
TJ Cloutier
Eric Seidel
Daniel Negreanu
Phil Hellmuth
John Juanda / Phil Ivey
Men Nyguyen / Johnny Chan
Scotty Nguyen
Minh Nguyen

B Dids
08-31-2004, 05:44 PM
I think this thread is kinda lame, but I think that not enough people are scared of TJ in this thread.

Officer Farva
08-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Very sad for your first post. This is a poker forum , not a support group.

But Big Ups yourself

Dare I say in Hoc?

Officer Farva
08-31-2004, 05:55 PM
Copyright me

patrick dicaprio
08-31-2004, 06:07 PM
if i were an opponent i owuld least liek to see:

Pat DiCaprio
Zee Justin
cferejohn
Johnny Chan
Gus Hansen

in that order. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pat

kyro
08-31-2004, 07:26 PM
aww crap. i didn't read them all. you win /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jaraim
09-01-2004, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt there's 10 of them, but I'd hate to sit down with "the crew". I'd be driven insane by all the asinine celebration after each hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - since, obviously, every member of the crew has outlandish celebrations whenever they win because you saw one of them do it once ON AN EDITED TV SHOW.

Trainwreck
09-01-2004, 06:47 AM
You forgot Ron Jeremy...

>TW<