PDA

View Full Version : Friday & Saturday Nights on Party Poker

reecelights
08-28-2004, 09:05 PM
I've had problems doing well on Friday and Saturday nights on Party Poker. I play a tight, aggressive style, but can't seem to figure out how to adjust my game when there are very loose players who are probably drinking. It amazes me how many people will call a preflop raise of 4-5x the BB with a J9o. Any suggestions?

lastchance
08-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Value bet TPGK hard, and whenever you think might be getting close to being low on chips, find a marginal hand (AJ, AT, KJ, 77, 66), isolate, and extract as much as you can and value bet TPNK (low on chips).

When you're getting pretty damn low on chips, try to get them to call with nothing/bottom pair into your middle pair.

reecelights
08-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Sorry...new to the forum, and only been playing about 7 months. I looked under the abbreviations but couldn't find what TPGK means?

Makes sense. Maybe I wait too long to start playing the more marginal hands. The ones you suggested are not hands I would normally try to shut people out with preflop, so I'll take this into consideration. It's especially hard when you have 4 or 5 limpers and you're in late position and are pretty sure you're going to get 2-3 callers. And I play PL, so I can't raise as much as I'd like to against the drunks.

LethalRose
08-29-2004, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry...new to the forum, and only been playing about 7 months. I looked under the abbreviations but couldn't find what TPGK means?

Makes sense. Maybe I wait too long to start playing the more marginal hands. The ones you suggested are not hands I would normally try to shut people out with preflop, so I'll take this into consideration. It's especially hard when you have 4 or 5 limpers and you're in late position and are pretty sure you're going to get 2-3 callers. And I play PL, so I can't raise as much as I'd like to against the drunks.

[/ QUOTE ]

TPGK = Top Pair Good Kicker

for example you have AJ and a J and rags fall on the flop..

ctv1116
08-29-2004, 12:20 AM
Your example would be TPTK--top pair, top kicker. An example of TPGK would be AQ on an A72 flop

lastchance
08-29-2004, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your example would be TPTK--top pair, top kicker. An example of TPGK would be AQ on an A72 flop

[/ QUOTE ]
That's top pair good kicker (TPGK). TPTK would be AK on a A72 flop or AQ on a Q72 flop.

And, don't be afraid of loose drunk callers and raisers. They usually have crap much worse than you think, so bet TPGK hard, at least when you realize they're drunks.

stupidsucker
08-29-2004, 01:59 AM
I just got killed by the morons tonight.. I didnt lose much money, but I certainly didnt make any either.

I went out with AA twice all in preflop in the early rounds against AQ and then against 9T.

You want them making these loose calls, play your hands, try not to steal flops with no draw, because they just dont know when to lay down. On the bubble its tougher for me too... they were calling me down with any ace all in on my steals.

You got to roll with the swings created by poker fools. They will pay you big in the end, but somtimes they rob you blind.

w_raedy99
08-29-2004, 02:12 AM
I actually hesitated to post about this earlier because I did not want to clue any two plus two'ers into my action /images/graemlins/smirk.gif, but I have found anyway that I make a KILLING on Friday's and Saturday's at Party. During the week I am about break even in money or showing loss and on Friday and Saturday I am + $446 (thanks to the wonderful SNG Spreadsheet for making that number so easy for me to get).

I adjust my game and play much looser in the beginning, playing any connector and hands like KJ which I normally wouldn't play in the very beginning. I find a lot of people there just want some action and will put chip after chip into the pot with you. I don't generally chase after the flop unless I can do so cheaply, but I have been LOVING Friday and Saturday. This is my stat line for today:

<ul type="square">
Date 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Total ITM ROI Net $/T
28-Aug 1 3 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 100.00% 172.73% $228.00 $38.00
[/list]

I have gotten a LOT of really good cards today though, and it feels like it is making up finally for my huge bad streak (it has, I am + where I was before it started).

Will

reecelights
08-29-2004, 02:19 AM
By the way, I'm playing PL $10/1. I'm considering playing $20/2 on the weekend but I'm afraid that while it would put me with more logical players, it would also make ME the fish.

I find the worst times are between 8 and Midnight EST.

Gramps
08-29-2004, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've had problems doing well on Friday and Saturday nights on Party Poker. I play a tight, aggressive style, but can't seem to figure out how to adjust my game when there are very loose players who are probably drinking. It amazes me how many people will call a preflop raise of 4-5x the BB with a J9o. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep logging into Party Poker Friday and Saturday nights, and play your tight aggressive style.

It sucks when super-loose players are beating you with their junk, but they will make you more money in the long run. Bluff less, bet/raise your legit hands more since you'll still get calls, realize that it's going to be harder to steal blinds, etc.