PDA

View Full Version : Should have reraised all-in?

hummusx
08-28-2004, 08:24 PM
No particular read or anything, but I'm pretty short on the bubble and this min bet on the flop looks weak. Or it's a trap.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero (t1390)
UTG (t2320)
Button (t2660)
SB (t1630)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (t400) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets t200</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t600
<font color="green">Main Pot: t400 (t400), won by SB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t200 (t200), returned to SB.</font>

mscott2374
08-28-2004, 09:22 PM
I think that you can fold this hand safely, You will get better spots to get your chips in the pot

lastchance
08-28-2004, 09:58 PM
I don't think it's a trap though, so I reraise all in and either lose my chips or get a pretty big pot. But that's just me.

mrjetguy
08-29-2004, 02:03 AM
What is he likely to have... either crap or maybe a pair of kings. I would only go all-in if I had seen him making a lot of steal bets.

3rdEye
08-29-2004, 05:12 AM
You're behind a ton of hands that SB would limp with. Even if he has QT, you're at best a small favorite. He could even be making a quasi-steal with a low or middle pair. Unless (or, maybe, even if) SB has been stealing a lot, you've got to wait for a better spot.

Then again, if you thought SB was weak, maybe pushing would be correct. I just don't think he folds enough for it to be correct.

patrick dicaprio
08-29-2004, 08:05 AM
probably because if teh SB is a decent player he would have raised with an A or K most likely. so your biggest worry is a PP which he would also likely have raised. i am not sure thoough that it is worth it as you are taking a big risk here and maybe you are better off waiting until you can be the aggressor.

Pat

durron597
08-29-2004, 12:00 PM
How tricky had this opponent been playing? He completed, and then bet the minimum. It sounds like he either might have been trying to buy the pot or was trapping.... though a good opponent might call with a king because YOU would have raised preflop with an ace.

I like the push if he was a tightish player (but even so the fact that he bet the flop at all worries me), but I don't if he was solid.