PDA

View Full Version : Two QQ hands I played differently - which is better?

milesdyson
08-28-2004, 07:52 PM
1:

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds.

River: (22 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 25 BB, between UTG+1, MP1 and Hero.</font>

Now that I see this in the usual format... it looks superweak. My opinion is that I should cap the flop... I don't know what I should've done from the turn on.

2:

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (26.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 29.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 29.50 BB, between MP1, SB and Hero.</font>

I played this one more aggressively... but is the bet on the turn right after he capped me on the flop ?

milesdyson
08-28-2004, 09:17 PM
I won one of these hands... anyone care to guess which one?

Rudbaeck
08-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Cap the first hand, bet if he doesn't on the turn, if he leads into you on the turn after you capped the flop just call down.

Second hand I like alot better, you lead into him despite him capping the flop. If MP1 is a good player there is a very real chance he was pumping his club draw on the flop, so leading into him on the turn is mandatory I think.

Rudbaeck
08-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Oh, and give due consideration to raising the river in both hands. The bottom card pairing isn't very scary for you, it's more likely to be to your benefit as it counterfeits an earlier two pair rather than giving someone trips or a full house.

milesdyson
08-28-2004, 09:34 PM
I did think about that in the second hand. I didn't consider it in the first hand - guess I was just too worried about losing.

In the second hand however, since he raised my turn bet, I assumed he had trips and wasn't on a flush draw.

Anyway, results:

Hand 1:
My QQ is good over JJ and TT.

Hand 2:
MP1 shows 22 for quads.

helpmeout
08-28-2004, 11:19 PM
1. 1st it is obvious he has an overpair, I'd be worried about KK or AA. I dont think TT or JJ would cap preflop and continue to raise against you.

I think you played it well.

2. He didnt raise preflop so this cancels out an overpair, AK AQ. He called your raise so I assume he doesnt have crap like 93o

He raises the flop, this would cancel out the flush draw, maybe he has top pair and thinks you just have overcards.
But your 3bet obviously shows you have an overpair and he caps. The only other thing he could have is trips.

Unless you think he is LAG I'd fold after he caps the flop. Either that or go into check call mode and hope for a miracle Q on the turn or river.

Rudbaeck
08-29-2004, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He raises the flop, this would cancel out the flush draw, maybe he has top pair and thinks you just have overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play a flush draw exactly as MP1 did on that flop every day of the week, and so does everyone else here. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

helpmeout
08-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Why would you raise with only one caller in between?

When I hit my flush I want lots of people calling or raising my turn and river bets. Not scare everyone off and end up heads up vs top pair.

If there are a lot of calling stations then fine raise all you want but there is no read here.

Rudbaeck
08-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Because the original bettor and the first caller will call 99% of the time. And there IS a read here: Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em.

Still at Party 2/4 my jaw would hit the floor if none of the three left to act wouldn't call 2 cold on the flop.

A raise here won't get it heads up.