PDA

View Full Version : An IQ test for liberals (and AndyFox :) )

Jimbo
08-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Liberal IQ test (http://www.useless-knowledge.com/columnists/kenhughes/article54.html)

Enjoy and oh yeah, if you fail don't feel too bad about yourself. After all it is not exactly a secret. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo

warlockjd
08-28-2004, 08:10 PM
These questions are so obviously jaded that it is ridiculous. Question 6, for instance, uses a totally false assumption.

Stu Pidasso
08-28-2004, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These questions are so obviously jaded that it is ridiculous. Question 6, for instance, uses a totally false assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the following is a totally false assumption from question 6.

John Kerry believes raising taxes letting the government decide how to spend the money will increase jobs

John Kerry waffles so much that that its false to assume he believes in anything.

Stu

andyfox
08-28-2004, 08:44 PM
As I said to Gabe on the psychology forum, I usually get a bit scared when I see my name in the title of the post, but this one is fun. Thanks. Here are my answers:

Q-1) Jim Smith earns $ 45,000 per year and pays an adjusted tax liability for 15%, Jim’s brother Tim earns $ 500.000 per year and pays an adjusted tax liability of 20%. Who pays more in taxes Jim or Tim.

-I don't know what an "adjusted tax liability for 15% means; perhaps the questioner meant his marginal tax rate was 15%. I'm going to guess that Jim pays more dollar in taxes; that Tim pay a higher percentage; and that, on the first $500, they each pay the same amount and the same percentage. And that Tim has a harder life than Jim, unless Jim is as generous as you and I are. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Q-2) Jim makes car payments of $ 225.00, credit card payments of $ 350.00 and a cable bill of 75.00. Tim invests $ 1,000 per month in his Companies stock. Who creates more jobs Jim or Tim ?

-I don't know how Tim can afford to invest $1,000 on an income of $500, but I suppose it's none of my business. Anyway, the question is impossible to answer due to incomplete information. For example, I have car, credit card and cable payments that are much higher than Jim's, but I'm guessing I "create" more jobs than either.

Q-3) Mary Johnson is un-wed, unemployed, has 9 children and lives on government support. Her children go to public school. Her sister Judy Jones has one child, sends her child to privet school at her own expense. Who pay more school tax Mary or Judy?

-Bad spelling,grammar, and punctuation but I'm guessing the author is a arch-conservative, so it's understandable. Are these two married to Jim and Tim?

Q-4) John Kerry served heroically ( questionable). for four months in a combat zone And nineteen years in the Congress apposing national security legislation . President Bush also served as a F-102 pilot TANG. Brought down two of the most horrific regimes in history. Who do you trust to protect America, George or John?

-The first two sentences are irrelevant to answering the question. I trust Kerry more. As you know, I'm not a big Kerry fan. I'm an anybody-but Bush guy.

Q-5) John Kerry has no experience in the business world other than living off his wife’s trust fund and the bribes he’s collected while in Congress. President Bush has been both unsuccessful and very successful in business. He has an MBA from Harvard Business School and supposedly that’s about as good as it gets. Who do you trust to handle the economy?

-Based on what Bush has done in his first four years, I trust Kerry more. Bush's success with the Texas Rangers was based on fraud. I can elaborate if you like (although I'll be out of town the next few days, perhaps others can elaborate in my absence).

And living off a trust fund is hard. That's why Kerry needed a second chance. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Q-6) George Bush believes reducing taxes, allowing the money to flow back in to the economy it will increase jobs, increase productivity, increase revenues and improve the economy. John Kerry believes raising taxes letting the government decide how to spend the money will increase jobs. Who has the most logical theory George or John?

-George Bush's "theory" (I doubt he's progressed that far) hasn't worked. That's because there is no direct line between tax policy and economic vigor. There are lots of "it depends," which elude Bush's rather simple mind. John Kerry's "theory" is an imaginery one.

Q-7) John Kerry is opposed to out-sourcing jobs. John Kerry voted in favor of NAFTA. Favored Nation status for Pacific Rim Countries. John Kerry has voted Yes on every trade bill that’s come before Congress in the past 19 years. George Bush has made every attempt to convince Congress we need to use some of our own natural recourses to avoid the dependency on foreign nations. Who’s position seems the more logical. John or George?

-Ringo.

Q-8) John Kerry believes the French, Germans, Russians and the UN can better run our foreign policy than our own President. George Bush believes we are better equipped to handle our own foreign policy than the elite Euros. Who do you agree with Kerry or Bush?

-I agree with Kerry that almost anyone could run our foreign policy better than Bush and the neocons. Maybe even Ringo. (And Ringo might be better than Kerry too.)

Q-9) John Kerry says George Bush is the most failed President since Herbert Hoover. John Kerry doesn’t know much about the Hoover administration and what it faced at the time. Do you think the country is worse off than in the 1930’s?

-John Kerry says it's the worst economic performance since Hoover. He hasn't said we're worse off than in the 1930s. No, I do not believe we're worse off than in the 1930s. (The "most failed" president? Is this a 2+2 publication? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Q-10) John Kerry seems to think that President Bush is to blame for supposed ills the country is suffering from in his opinion. Do you think this country is on the edge of immediate disaster?

-The incumbent always takes credit for the good things and blames the bad things on his predecessor, circumstance, or other factors. The would-be king always blames the incumbent for the bad things and gives credit for the good things to his own party, circumstance, or other factors. I think Bush's re-election may indeed be a disaster, both in terms of foreign policy and economic policy.

Q-11) John Kerry has been in Congress for nineteen years. What responsibility do you give Congress for the supposed ills John Kerry think we are suffering from?

-A major portion.

Q-12 ) America is a better, safer, wiser, prouder Nation today because of George Bush, Yes or No.

-Better, no; safer, no; wiser, no; prouder, yes, in that the Bushmen have an unduly high opinion of their own achievements and qualities.

How'd I do?

cardcounter0
08-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Q-1) Jim Smith earns $ 45,000 per year and pays an adjusted tax liability for 15%, Jim’s brother Tim earns $ 500.000 per year and pays an adjusted tax liability of 20%. Who pays more in taxes Jim or Tim.

-I don't know the definition for adjusted tax liability so I will have to guess that Jim's 15% of $45,000 is much more than 20% of $500, in monetary terms. In percentage terms, than Tim's 20% is larger than Jim's 15%. Are they taking advantage of the solar energy tax credit?

Q-2) Jim makes car payments of $ 225.00, credit card payments of $ 350.00 and a cable bill of 75.00. Tim invests $ 1,000 per month in his Companies stock. Who creates more jobs Jim or Tim ?

-Well, Jim is pumping a bunch of money into the economy keeping car, credit card, and cable business humming. Once a company issues stock, it gets it's money, so Tim buying stock in a secondary market is keeping a stock broker working somewhere, but isn't benefiting the actual company directly at all, if that is what is being implied. Can't say who creates more jobs, do either have a kid mow their grass or do they do it themselves?

Q-3) Mary Johnson is un-wed, unemployed, has 9 children and lives on government support. Her children go to public school. Her sister Judy Jones has one child, sends her child to privet school at her own expense. Who pay more school tax Mary or Judy?

-I didn't know they had a school for privets, but I hope spelling is taught there. Since school taxes are usually based on personal property taxes, it is hard to say who pays more. It depends on the State and Tax District they live in, and how much personal property they own. I guess the Conservative Answer would be unemployed Mary Johnson pays more, since she pays the taxes on the Cadillac the government gave her, while Judy drives an old sensible Republican Honda. Of course, marital status, number of children, and employment have nothing to do with your School Tax Levy so I don't know why that information is given.

Q-4) John Kerry served heroically ( questionable). for four months in a combat zone And nineteen years in the Congress apposing national security legislation . President Bush also served as a F-102 pilot TANG. Brought down two of the most horrific regimes in history. Who do you trust to protect America, George or John?

-Kerry apposing national security legislation? I didn't think "apposing" is an actual english word. Most horrific regimes? Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, Amin?
Anyways, George's track record of driving the US Treasury into the ground, I think is probably the most dangerous thing in the long run for America.

Q-5) John Kerry has no experience in the business world other than living off his wife’s trust fund and the bribes he’s collected while in Congress. President Bush has been both unsuccessful and very successful in business. He has an MBA from Harvard Business School and supposedly that’s about as good as it gets. Who do you trust to handle the economy?

-Based on what Bush has done in his first four years, I trust Kerry more. I'm still trying to find the sucessful business venture that it is claimed Bush ran.

Q-6) George Bush believes reducing taxes, allowing the money to flow back in to the economy it will increase jobs, increase productivity, increase revenues and improve the economy. John Kerry believes raising taxes letting the government decide how to spend the money will increase jobs. Who has the most logical theory George or John?

- The 'trickle down' theory of George's has proved a failure time and again. Government spending like the old WPA, etc. work programs like they did during the Depression proved to be very effective. I think Kerry's theory that the Government being able to directly produce jobs is the most sound.

Q-7) John Kerry is opposed to out-sourcing jobs. John Kerry voted in favor of NAFTA. Favored Nation status for Pacific Rim Countries. John Kerry has voted Yes on every trade bill that’s come before Congress in the past 19 years. George Bush has made every attempt to convince Congress we need to use some of our own natural recourses to avoid the dependency on foreign nations. Who’s position seems the more logical. John or George?

-I don't know what the "natural recourses" that George is refering to are, but it seems logical that promoting international and global trade is good for expanding our markets. Trade is good. We can't become rich by everyone in the nation doing each other's laundry.

Q-8) John Kerry believes the French, Germans, Russians and the UN can better run our foreign policy than our own President. George Bush believes we are better equipped to handle our own foreign policy than the elite Euros. Who do you agree with Kerry or Bush?

-I'll have to agree with Kerry, the French, Germans, Russians or the UN probably could have done a better job of running foreign policy than George has done. If anything, they might have been able to avoid the quagmire of Iraq.

Q-9) John Kerry says George Bush is the most failed President since Herbert Hoover. John Kerry doesn’t know much about the Hoover administration and what it faced at the time. Do you think the country is worse off than in the 1930’s?

-I don't think that Kerry would have said "most failed", that sounds like a Bushism to me. But no, technology and other advances in civilization has made us much better off now than in the 30s.

Q-10) John Kerry seems to think that President Bush is to blame for supposed ills the country is suffering from in his opinion. Do you think this country is on the edge of immediate disaster?

-Immediate disaster? No, I'll leave that to the Far Right Religious Wackos and their "rapture" theories.

Q-11) John Kerry has been in Congress for nineteen years. What responsibility do you give Congress for the supposed ills John Kerry think we are suffering from?

-Since Congress has had a Republican Majority for a very long time, I think that is a big part of the ills we are suffering from.

Q-12 ) America is a better, safer, wiser, prouder Nation today because of George Bush, Yes or No.

-A last an easy question. Better? No. Safer? No. Wiser? LOL. Prouder? Yes, sales of Made In China American flags are at an all time high.

How did I do?

Jimbo
08-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Jesus Andy! I am laughing my way into halftime while reading your post. More than I could have ever hoped for. Thanks for the chuckle.

Jimbo

warlockjd
08-28-2004, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
John Kerry waffles so much that that its false to assume he believes in anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily including you in this but this is the standard line for those whose knowledge of the issues consist of watching a Bush campaign commercial or 2.

Jimbo
08-28-2004, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily including you in this but this is the standard line for those whose knowledge of the issues consist of watching a Bush campaign commercial or 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta tell you, your post is even funnier that Andy's. If given several objective examples any grade school child could determine that Kerry either cannot make up his mind or changes it according to whatever answer or action will best serve his personal agenda. They could do this if they have never even seen a news program or political ad in their life.

Jimbo

Ray Zee
08-29-2004, 12:59 AM
jimbo you lost out on this one. the two liberals andy and card counter showed that they are indeed much smarter than the dumb conservatives posting this quiz. one of the few thread with long posts i could stay with all the way.
the two can pm me with their addresses and i will send them a big fat 100 dollar bill. they will get just what they deserve.

riverflush
08-29-2004, 02:14 AM
That quiz is a train wreck...

tolbiny
08-29-2004, 03:13 AM
"If given several objective examples"

From the quiz you just posted, i believe that you, and only you, could come up with the objective examples.
I look forward to reading them jimbo.

wacki
08-29-2004, 04:11 AM
It shouldn't take much to realize that it's wrong to say conservatives or liberals are smarter. To state otherwise is to be a bigot. As far as I'm concerned the only valid arguement that you can make is here Political Brain (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/22/magazine/22IDEA.html). Even then, I think the results are premature, and incomplete, as it doesn't explain all of the behavioral differences between hardcore conservatives and liberals.

Use www.bugmenot.com (http://www.bugmenot.com) to read it.

Stu Pidasso
08-29-2004, 04:33 AM
Some of Kerry's Waffles

Abortion

"I think the question of abortion is one that should be left for the states to decide," Kerry said during his failed 1972 Congressional bid.

("John Kerry On The Issues," The [Lowell, MA] Sun, 10/11/72)

"The right to choose is the law of the United States. No person has the right to infringe on that freedom. Those of us who are in government have a special responsibility to see to it that the United States continues to protect this right, as it must protect all rights secured by the constitution."

(Sen. John Kerry [D-MA], Congressional Record, 1/22/85)

Double taxation on dividends

"[T]o encourage investments in the jobs of the future --I think we should eliminate the tax on capital gains for investments in critical technology companies--zero capital gains on $100 million issuance of stock if it's held for 5 years and has created real jobs. And we should attempt to end the double taxation of dividends."

(Sen. John Kerry, Remarks At The City Club Of Cleveland, 12/3/02)

Throughout 2003, Kerry opposed President Bush's tax plan, which, according to Bush, would eliminate the "double taxation on dividends." In May, Kerry voted against the final plan, which cut but didn't eliminate the tax on corporate dividends. 'This is not the time for a dividends tax cut that goes to individuals,' he said."("Kerry Says Time Is On Dems' Side," The Associated Press, 5/8/03)

Irish Heritage

"For those of us who are fortunate to share an Irish ancestry, we take great pride in the contributions that Irish-Americans..."

(Congressional Record, March 18, 1986)

"As some of you may know, I am part-English and part-Irish. And when my Kerry ancestors first came over to Massachusetts from the old country to find work in the New World, it was my English ancestors who refused to hire them."

Kerry was accused of using such comments to make his Irish-American constituents think he is one of them when, in fact, he isn't. His grandparents were Jewish who changed their names. Kerry now claims he never said it.

Intelligence

1994: Proposed Bill To Gut $1 Billion From Intelligence And Freeze Spending For Two Major Intelligence Programs

Kerry proposed a bill cutting $1 billion from the budgets of the National Foreign Intelligence Program and from Tactical Intelligence, and freezing their budgets. The bill did not make it to a vote, but the language was later submitted (and defeated – see below) as S. Amdt. 1452 to H.R. 3759. (S. 1826, Introduced 2/3/94)

1995: Proposed Bill Cutting $1.5 Billion From Intelligence Budget.

Kerry introduced a bill that would “reduce the Intelligence budget by $300 million in each of fiscal years 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000.”
No cosponsors of Kerry’s bill, Never Made it to floor
S. 1290, Introduced 9/29/95

1995: Voted To Slash FBI Funding By $80 Million. (H.R. 2076, CQ Vote #480: Adopted 49-41: R 9-40; D 40-1, 9/29/95, Kerry Voted Yea)

1997: Kerry Questioned Growth Of Intelligence Community After Cold War.

“Now that that [Cold War] struggle is over, why is it that our vast intelligence apparatus continues to grow even as Government resources for new and essential priorities fall far short of what is necessary? …” Congressional Record 5/1/97, p. S3891)

Kerry proposed cutting $1 billion from the National Foreign Intelligence Program and Tactical Intelligence budgets, and freezing their budgets. Defeated:
(Amdt.. To H.R. 3759, CQ Vote #39: Rejected 20-75: R 3-37; D 17-38, 2/10/94, Kerry Voted Yea; Graham, Lieberman And Braun Voted Nay)

"Kerry Strongly Supports Increased Intelligence Funding.” (Campaign slogan from JohnKerry.com)

tolbiny
08-29-2004, 04:54 AM
1. Abortion-
13 years is not waffling. If you havent changed your mind on an important issue in the past 13 years i would venture that there is something very wrong with the way you think.

2. Several things happened during the six months between those comments that might allow someone to state that "now is not the time". Now is not the time doesnt constitute waffling in and of its self. I can believe in an idea, but also realize the implications of instituting that idea now.

3. I dont really care about this one. Using ones background to gain votes isnt uncommon. To forget you said something fairly inconsequential to you 18 years earlier also not uncommon.

4. people who take campaign slogans seriously have not been paying attention to politics for the past, oh say, 4,000 years.

FYI- waffling means to speak or write evasivly. In none of those examples did you show how kerry "waffled".

jdl22
08-29-2004, 05:04 AM
I didn't read the rest, just the first one.

[ QUOTE ]

Abortion

"I think the question of abortion is one that should be left for the states to decide," Kerry said during his failed 1972 Congressional bid.

"The right to choose is the law of the United States. No person has the right to infringe on that freedom. Those of us who are in government have a special responsibility to see to it that the United States continues to protect this right, as it must protect all rights secured by the constitution."

[/ QUOTE ]

Something happened in between 1972 and 1985. What happened? Well the Supreme Court of the United States decided in little known and rarely discussed case Roe v Wade (http://www.tourolaw.edu/patch/Roe/) that the right to choose is the law of the United States. The court found that abortion laws by individual states were not constitutional.

So what happened? Well John Kerry felt abortion was an issue that should be decided by the states. He didn't say in the quote how he thought his state should have it but I think we can assume he was of the pro choice persuasion. Then the supreme court rules that states do no have the right to pass legislation on the matter. At this point our Mr. Kerry had no choice (pun intended) but to change his views. Legally speaking it could not be a state issue.

John Cole
08-29-2004, 05:35 AM
Flag sales seem to have diminished, so I think Ray should send ninety-nine dollars.

Stu Pidasso
08-29-2004, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Something happened in between 1972 and 1985. What happened? Well the Supreme Court of the United States decided in little known and rarely discussed case Roe v Wade that the right to choose is the law of the United States. The court found that abortion laws by individual states were not constitutional.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roe V Wade was argue December 13, 1971, Reargued October 11, 1972(same day John made the quote) and decided January 22, 1973.

[ QUOTE ]
Then the supreme court rules that states do no have the right to pass legislation on the matter. At this point our Mr. Kerry had no choice (pun intended) but to change his views. Legally speaking it could not be a state issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in error. Our government is set up on a system of checks and balances. Sen Kerry was under no legal or moral obligation to change his views. He was, however, under political pressure to changed them.

Stu

tolbiny
08-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Then the supreme court rules that states do no have the right to pass legislation on the matter. At this point our Mr. Kerry had no choice (pun intended) but to change his views. Legally speaking it could not be a state issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are in error. Our government is set up on a system of checks and balances. Sen Kerry was under no legal or moral obligation to change his views. He was, however, under political pressure to changed them.

Kerry was not "forced" to change his views. However, his previous view was rendered irrelevent by the supreme court. Unless he either wanted to attempt to change the constitution to allow for the abortion issues to be addressed by the state or he wanted to have no relevant opinion on the subject, he had to change his view.

Stu Pidasso
08-29-2004, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FYI- waffling means to speak or write evasivly. In none of those examples did you show how kerry "waffled".

[/ QUOTE ]

It also means a soft indented cake cooked in a waffle iron. Yummy!

In anycase you are correct that my examples would be correctly classified as John Kerry flip-flops instead of John Kerry waffles.

I was just hoping that if I posted something that sounded smart, someone would send me a hundred bucks. Man if I had a hundred bucks on me, id be at IHOP right now.

Stu

tolbiny
08-29-2004, 06:01 AM
In anycase you are correct that my examples would be correctly classified as John Kerry flip-flops instead of John Kerry waffles.

I dont think changing my mind with a 13 yrs gap inbetween is a flip flop.
I dont care about his attempts to exploit his irish heritage for votes- and i still don't think it fits in the flip flop catagory as much as it either fits in the 18 years have gone by and i forgot what i said, or the i intentionally misled people for votes, but now dont want to own up to it. with the former being more likely IMO.
Stating now is not the time for something doesnt mean you changed your mind on it. Unless Kerry's speech said "we have to, at any cost cut dividend taxes" and then voted against it would i agree with you.
in the six months between the speech and the vote kerry could have seen the war in iraq taking alonger and more costly route than he had previously believed, as well as the economy continuing to stall and not believing dividend tax cutting would alliviate that would, in my mind, constitute good enough reasons to change his.
campaing slogans are just slogans and dont mean anything, like walla walla bing bang, or give peace a chance.

Kerry's waffle house? if he loses the election at least he has a new buisness idea with tons of free marketing.

MMMMMM
08-29-2004, 07:47 AM
How about just copying the argument from Political Brain for those of us who wish to read it but have slow dial-up or don't wish to bother using bugmenot to read it?

"It shouldn't take much to realize that it's wrong to say conservatives or liberals are smarter. To state otherwise is to be a bigot."

So...just how does one know that it isn't true that either liberals or conservatives are smarter than the other? Because it would be bigoted to think otherwise?;-)

Groundlessly making statements one way or the other may be bigoted. However stating that on average neither are smarter is unfounded (unless you are aware of some little-known studies).

Bigoted and unfounded are both undesirable from a scientific point of view.

I vote Jimbo design a better test than the one on that link.

cardcounter0
08-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Abortion :

Both of Kerry's statements are consistent with the LAW OF THE LAND. At the time of the first statement, US LAW said abortion was within the realm of the States, the second statement was made when US LAW said it was a Federal issue. Being a man of Law, and an upholder of the constitution his statements reflect the correct legal definitions of where the responsibility lies. Kerry didn't flip-flop, the Law did.

Double taxation on dividends:

Kerry was in favor of eliminating "double taxation" on dividends. It was not a flip-flop opposing Bush tax plan which contained provisions to eliminate dividend tax, along with a zillion other things. If I tack on "I love kittens" to a bill that also says "Let's Nuke Texas", by voting against the bill it would be hard to label me as anti-kitten. Bush's tax bill had so much crap in it, the Republicans wouldn't even pass it until it had been heavily modified. I guess all the Republicans in Congress are for double taxation of dividends too.

Irish Heritage:

I'm not going to touch the Jew boogie man question. But I will say this -- GEORGE BUSH IS NOT A COWBOY FROM TEXAS, no matter how big a cowboy hat he wears or how many cowboy boots he owns. Cowboys from Texas don't go to Yale.

Intelligence:

Cutting the intelligence budget in the 90s after the fall of a super empire that was our enemy, pretty much makes sense. We didn't have Russia to worry about anymore. The fact that remaining intelligence resouces were not refocused properly or used efficiently wasn't Kerry's fault. I will point out that currently George Bush is wanting to go forward with installing a Missle Defense System in Alaska (which will protect us from ICBMs launched from Russia). Could someone tell George that the Russian ICBMs are gone, and we need to protect ourselves from Terrorists (that are not in Russia).

None of these are flip-flops. Although the last example is very good example of why WE SHOULD FLIP-FLOP. The world changes, conditions change, blind STAY THE COURSE answers to questions that no longer exist is pretty stupid.

Rooster71
08-30-2004, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-Based on what Bush has done in his first four years, I trust Kerry more. I'm still trying to find the sucessful business venture that it is claimed Bush ran.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it that Bush followers love to say opponents "have no experience in the business world?" Is this supposed to really mean something? Every business ran by George W. was a failure. How does having a history of failing in the "business world" help someone to be a leader?

Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon and Clinton each had little or no "experience in the business world". But each of these presidents did a much better job of balancing the budget and proved to be much more capable regarding other issues which could be considered business-related.

By the way, can anyone here please give us details on George W's "very successful" business ventures.

Rooster71
08-30-2004, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Liberal IQ test (http://www.useless-knowledge.com/columnists/kenhughes/article54.html)

Enjoy and oh yeah, if you fail don't feel too bad about yourself. After all it is not exactly a secret. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good IQ test. Thanks for the posting! It can safely be assumed that anyone who believes that test is not one-sided, slanted, and extremely biased is a person with a very low IQ. This would include most "ditto-heads".

anatta
08-31-2004, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some of Kerry's Waffles

Abortion

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Center for American Progress...

BUSH SUPPORTS A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE... "Bush said he...favors leaving up to a woman and her doctor the abortion question." [The Nation, 6/15/00, quoting the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, 5/78]

...BUSH OPPOSES A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE "I am pro-life." [Governor Bush, 10/3/00]

Actually here is the whole list...

From the beginning, George W. Bush has made his own credibility a central issue. On 10/11/00, then-Gov. Bush said: "I think credibility is important.It is going to be important for the president to be credible with Congress, important for the president to be credible with foreign nations." But President Bush's serial flip-flopping raises serious questions about whether Congress and foreign leaders can rely on what he says.

1. Social Security Surplus

BUSH PLEDGES NOT TO TOUCH SOCIAL SECURITY SURPLUS... "We're going to keep the promise of Social Security and keep the government from raiding the Social Security surplus." [President Bush, 3/3/01]

...BUSH SPENDS SOCIAL SECURITY SURPLUS The New York Times reported that "the president's new budget uses Social Security surpluses to pay for other programs every year through 2013, ultimately diverting more than $1.4 trillion in Social Security funds to other purposes." [The New York Times, 2/6/02]

2. Patient's Right to Sue

GOVERNOR BUSH VETOES PATIENTS' RIGHT TO SUE... "Despite his campaign rhetoric in favor of a patients' bill of rights, Bush fought such a bill tooth and nail as Texas governor, vetoing a bill coauthored by Republican state Rep. John Smithee in 1995. He... constantly opposed a patient's right to sue an HMO over coverage denied that resulted in adverse health effects." [Salon, 2/7/01]

...CANDIDATE BUSH PRAISES TEXAS PATIENTS' RIGHT TO SUE... "We're one of the first states that said you can sue an HMO for denying you proper coverage... It's time for our nation to come together and do what's right for the people. And I think this is right for the people. You know, I support a national patients' bill of rights, Mr. Vice President. And I want all people covered. I don't want the law to supersede good law like we've got in Texas." [Governor Bush, 10/17/00]

...PRESIDENT BUSH'S ADMINISTRATION ARGUES AGAINST RIGHT TO SUE "To let two Texas consumers, Juan Davila and Ruby R. Calad, sue their managed-care companies for wrongful denials of medical benefits ‘would be to completely undermine' federal law regulating employee benefits, Assistant Solicitor General James A. Feldman said at oral argument March 23. Moreover, the administration's brief attacked the policy rationale for Texas's law, which is similar to statutes on the books in nine other states." [Washington Post, 4/5/04]

3. Tobacco Buyout

BUSH SUPPORTS CURRENT TOBACCO FARMERS' QUOTA SYSTEM... "They've got the quota system in place -- the allotment system -- and I don't think that needs to be changed." [President Bush, 5/04]

...BUSH ADMINISTRATION WILL SUPPORT FEDERAL BUYOUT OF TOBACCO QUOTAS "The administration is open to a buyout." [White House spokeswoman Jeanie Mamo, 6/18/04]

4. North Korea

BUSH WILL NOT OFFER NUCLEAR NORTH KOREA INCENTIVES TO DISARM... "We developed a bold approach under which, if the North addressed our long-standing concerns, the United States was prepared to take important steps that would have significantly improved the lives of the North Korean people. Now that North Korea's covert nuclear weapons program has come to light, we are unable to pursue this approach." [President's Statement, 11/15/02]

...BUSH ADMINISTRATION OFFERS NORTH KOREA INCENTIVES TO DISARM"Well, we will work to take steps to ease their political and economic isolation. So there would be -- what you would see would be some provisional or temporary proposals that would only lead to lasting benefit after North Korea dismantles its nuclear programs. So there would be some provisional or temporary efforts of that nature." [White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan, 6/23/04]

5. Abortion

BUSH SUPPORTS A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE... "Bush said he...favors leaving up to a woman and her doctor the abortion question." [The Nation, 6/15/00, quoting the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, 5/78]

...BUSH OPPOSES A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE "I am pro-life." [Governor Bush, 10/3/00]

6. OPEC

BUSH PROMISES TO FORCE OPEC TO LOWER PRICES... "What I think the president ought to do [when gas prices spike] is he ought to get on the phone with the OPEC cartel and say we expect you to open your spigots...And the president of the United States must jawbone OPEC members to lower the price." [President Bush, 1/26/00]

...BUSH REFUSES TO LOBBY OPEC LEADERS With gas prices soaring in the United States at the beginning of 2004, the Miami Herald reported the president refused to "personally lobby oil cartel leaders to change their minds." [Miami Herald, 4/1/04]

7. Iraq Funding

BUSH SPOKESMAN DENIES NEED FOR ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR THE REST OF 2004... "We do not anticipate requesting supplemental funding for '04" [White House Budget Director Joshua Bolton, 2/2/04]

...BUSH REQUESTS ADDITIONAL FUNDS FOR IRAQ FOR 2004 "I am requesting that Congress establish a $25 billion contingency reserve fund for the coming fiscal year to meet all commitments to our troops." [President Bush, Statement by President, 5/5/04]

8. Condoleeza Rice Testimony

BUSH SPOKESMAN SAYS RICE WON'T TESTIFY AS 'A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE'... "Again, this is not her personal preference; this goes back to a matter of principle. There is a separation of powers issue involved here. Historically, White House staffers do not testify before legislative bodies. So it's a matter of principle, not a matter of preference." [White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan, 3/9/04]

...BUSH ORDERS RICE TO TESTIFY: "Today I have informed the Commission on Terrorist Attacks Against the United States that my National Security Advisor, Dr. Condoleezza Rice, will provide public testimony." [President Bush, 3/30/04]

9. Science

BUSH PLEDGES TO ISSUE REGULATIONS BASED ON SCIENCE..."I think we ought to have high standards set by agencies that rely upon science, not by what may feel good or what sounds good." [then-Governor George W. Bush, 1/15/00]

...BUSH ADMINISTRATION REGULATIONS IGNORE SCIENCE "60 leading scientists—including Nobel laureates, leading medical experts, former federal agency directors and university chairs and presidents—issued a statement calling for regulatory and legislative action to restore scientific integrity to federal policymaking. According to the scientists, the Bush administration has, among other abuses, suppressed and distorted scientific analysis from federal agencies, and taken actions that have undermined the quality of scientific advisory panels." [Union of Concerned Scientists, 2/18/04]

10. Ahmed Chalabi

BUSH INVITES CHALABI TO STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS...President Bush also met with Chalabi during his brief trip to Iraq last Thanksgiving [White House Documents 1/20/04, 11/27/03]

...BUSH MILITARY ASSISTS IN RAID OF CHALABI'S HOUSE "U.S. soldiers raided the home of America's one-time ally Ahmad Chalabi on Thursday and seized documents and computers." [Washington Post, 5/20/04]

11. Department of Homeland Security

BUSH OPPOSES THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY..."So, creating a Cabinet office doesn't solve the problem. You still will have agencies within the federal government that have to be coordinated. So the answer is that creating a Cabinet post doesn't solve anything." [White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, 3/19/02]

...BUSH SUPPORTS THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY "So tonight, I ask the Congress to join me in creating a single, permanent department with an overriding and urgent mission: securing the homeland of America and protecting the American people." [President Bush, Address to the Nation, 6/6/02]

12. Weapons of Mass Destruction

BUSH SAYS WE FOUND THE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION..."We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories...for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." [President Bush, Interview in Poland, 5/29/03]

...BUSH SAYS WE HAVEN'T FOUND WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION "David Kay has found the capacity to produce weapons.And when David Kay goes in and says we haven't found stockpiles yet, and there's theories as to where the weapons went. They could have been destroyed during the war. Saddam and his henchmen could have destroyed them as we entered into Iraq. They could be hidden. They could have been transported to another country, and we'll find out." [President Bush, Meet the Press, 2/7/04]

13. Free Trade

BUSH SUPPORTS FREE TRADE... "I believe strongly that if we promote trade, and when we promote trade, it will help workers on both sides of this issue." [President Bush in Peru, 3/23/02]

...BUSH SUPPORTS RESTRICTIONS ON TRADE "In a decision largely driven by his political advisers, President Bush set aside his free-trade principles last year and imposed heavy tariffs on imported steel to help out struggling mills in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, two states crucial for his reelection." [Washington Post, 9/19/03]

14. Osama Bin Laden

BUSH WANTS OSAMA DEAD OR ALIVE... "I want justice. And there's an old poster out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.'" [President Bush, on Osama Bin Laden, 09/17/01]

...BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT OSAMA "I don't know where he is.You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... I truly am not that concerned about him."[President Bush, Press Conference, 3/13/02]

15. The Environment

BUSH SUPPORTS MANDATORY CAPS ON CARBON DIOXIDE... "[If elected], Governor Bush will work to...establish mandatory reduction targets for emissions of four main pollutants: sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, mercury and carbon dioxide." [Bush Environmental Plan, 9/29/00]

...BUSH OPPOSES MANDATORY CAPS ON CARBON DIOXIDE "I do not believe, however, that the government should impose on power plants mandatory emissions reductions for carbon dioxide, which is not a 'pollutant' under the Clean Air Act." [President Bush, Letter to Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE), 3/13/03]

16. WMD Commission

BUSH RESISTS AN OUTSIDE INVESTIGATION ON WMD INTELLIGENCE FAILURE... "The White House immediately turned aside the calls from Kay and many Democrats for an immediate outside investigation, seeking to head off any new wide-ranging election-year inquiry that might go beyond reports already being assembled by congressional committees and the Central Intelligence Agency." [NY Times, 1/29/04]

...BUSH SUPPORTS AN OUTSIDE INVESTIGATION ON WMD INTELLIGENCE FAILURE "Today, by executive order, I am creating an independent commission, chaired by Governor and former Senator Chuck Robb, Judge Laurence Silberman, to look at American intelligence capabilities, especially our intelligence about weapons of mass destruction." [President Bush, 2/6/04]

17. Creation of the 9/11 Commission

BUSH OPPOSES CREATION OF INDEPENDENT 9/11 COMMISSION... "President Bush took a few minutes during his trip to Europe Thursday to voice his opposition to establishing a special commission to probe how the government dealt with terror warnings before Sept. 11." [CBS News, 5/23/02]

...BUSH SUPPORTS CREATION OF INDEPENDENT 9/11 COMMISSION "President Bush said today he now supports establishing an independent commission to investigate the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks." [ABC News, 09/20/02]

18. Time Extension for 9/11 Commission

BUSH OPPOSES TIME EXTENSION FOR 9/11 COMMISSION... "President Bush and House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) have decided to oppose granting more time to an independent commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks." [Washington Post, 1/19/04]

...BUSH SUPPORTS TIME EXTENSION FOR 9/11 COMMISSION "The White House announced Wednesday its support for a request from the commission investigating the September 11, 2001 attacks for more time to complete its work." [CNN, 2/4/04]

19. One Hour Limit for 9/11 Commission Testimony

BUSH LIMITS TESTIMONY IN FRONT OF 9/11 COMMISSION TO ONE HOUR... "President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney have placed strict limits on the private interviews they will grant to the federal commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks, saying that they will meet only with the panel's top two officials and that Mr. Bush will submit to only a single hour of questioning, commission members said Wednesday." [NY Times, 2/26/04]

...BUSH SETS NO TIMELIMIT FOR TESTIMONY "The president's going to answer all of the questions they want to raise. Nobody's watching the clock." [White House spokesman Scott McClellan, 3/10/04]

20. Gay Marriage

BUSH SAYS GAY MARRIAGE IS A STATE ISSUE... "The state can do what they want to do. Don't try to trap me in this state's issue like you're trying to get me into." [Gov. George W. Bush on Gay Marriage, Larry King Live, 2/15/00]

...BUSH SUPPORTS CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT BANNING GAY MARRIAGE "Today I call upon the Congress to promptly pass, and to send to the states for ratification, an amendment to our Constitution defining and protecting marriage as a union of man and woman as husband and wife." [President Bush, 2/24/04]

21. Nation Building

BUSH OPPOSES NATION BUILDING... "If we don't stop extending our troops all around the world in nation-building missions, then we're going to have a serious problem coming down the road." [Gov. George W. Bush, 10/3/00]

...BUSH SUPPORTS NATION BUILDING "We will be changing the regime of Iraq, for the good of the Iraqi people." [President Bush, 3/6/03]

22. Saddam/al Qaeda Link

BUSH SAYS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEEN AL QAEDA AND SADDAM... "You can't distinguish between al Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror." [President Bush, 9/25/02]

...BUSH SAYS SADDAM HAD NO ROLE IN AL QAEDA PLOT "We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in Sept. 11." [President Bush, 9/17/03]

23. U.N. Resolution

BUSH VOWS TO HAVE A UN VOTE NO MATTER WHAT... "No matter what the whip count is, we're calling for the vote. We want to see people stand up and say what their opinion is about Saddam Hussein and the utility of the United Nations Security Council. And so, you bet. It's time for people to show their cards, to let the world know where they stand when it comes to Saddam." [President Bush 3/6/03]

...BUSH WITHDRAWS REQUEST FOR VOTE "At a National Security Council meeting convened at the White House at 8:55 a.m., Bush finalized the decision to withdraw the resolution from consideration and prepared to deliver an address to the nation that had already been written." [Washington Post, 3/18/03]

24. Involvement in the Palestinian Conflict

BUSH OPPOSES SUMMITS... "Well, we've tried summits in the past, as you may remember. It wasn't all that long ago where a summit was called and nothing happened, and as a result we had significant intifada in the area." [President Bush, 04/05/02]

...BUSH SUPPORTS SUMMITS "If a meeting advances progress toward two states living side by side in peace, I will strongly consider such a meeting. I'm committed to working toward peace in the Middle East." [President Bush, 5/23/03]

25. Campaign Finance

BUSH OPPOSES MCCAIN-FEINGOLD... "George W. Bush opposes McCain-Feingold...as an infringement on free expression." [Washington Post, 3/28/2000]

...BUSH SIGNS MCCAIN-FEINGOLD INTO LAW "[T]his bill improves the current system of financing for Federal campaigns, and therefore I have signed it into law." [President Bush, at the McCain-Feingold signing ceremony, 03/27/02]

Cyrus
08-31-2004, 02:36 AM
Please post yer answers in the Funniest Movies thread !..

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John Cole
08-31-2004, 04:11 AM
Now he did have an oil corporation that existed on paper only for a couple years, designed to curry favor with Texas oil millionaires. I don't believe he lost much on that one.