PDA

View Full Version : Should I have folded to my opponent's bets with JJ?

ZimbuTheMonkey
08-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: ZimbuTheMonkey is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">ZimbuTheMonkey raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">ZimbuTheMonkey bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">ZimbuTheMonkey bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, ZimbuTheMonkey calls.

River: (8.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
ZimbuTheMonkey checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, ZimbuTheMonkey calls.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
ZimbuTheMonkey shows Jc Js (one pair, jacks).
MP3 shows Th Kh (high card, ace).
Outcome: ZimbuTheMonkey wins 10.16 BB. </font>

I won, but did I call incorrectly?

ErrantNight
08-28-2004, 05:53 PM
trying to scare you off your pocket pair when the ace hits... either reraise or call down is fine. since a reraise means you hafta bet the river acting first... call down. that said, two overcards have hit, you're lucky that you won this pot, but with your show of strength on the appearance of both overcards his raise on the turn is scary, and a good semi-bluff on your opponents part...

anyone else think it's ok to fold the turn to this raise?