PDA

View Full Version : How to get HPFAP Signed

07-18-2002, 01:52 PM
I am coming to Las Vegas in early August and was wondering if it is possible to get my book signed by either Mason or David. I do not want to interrupt a game, but enjoy meeting authors.

If I come into the poker room with my book, will I get laughed at?

07-18-2002, 06:23 PM
This may seem hard to believe, but I suspect that many (perhaps a majority) of Mason's opponents have no clue who he is. I wonder if asking him (or David) to sign one of their books at the table could actually hurt their image for the game.

I've only played in the same game with Mason once but something amusing happened in it. Mason took his seat on the immeditate right of a Mirage regular named Emily (a rather cranky old lady). In one particular hand, UTG limped and everybody folded to Mason in late position. Everyone else folded and the hand was heads-up.

I think the flop was A,T,x (definately Ace-high with either a T or J). The flop action was check-Mason bets-call. The turn and river were blanks and it was checked through both times. UTG turned over an unimproved KQo and won the pot.

Emily muttered something like "You raised and couldn't beat that?" The look on her face said "This guy (Mason) is a total fish."

07-19-2002, 11:22 PM
asdtexas- I don't think Mason would mind signing your book. He's a very nice person. Babe

07-20-2002, 01:23 AM
If you see me feel free to introduce yourself and I'll be glad to sign the book.

Best wishes,

Mason

07-20-2002, 07:35 AM
i was in vegas and met mason last year. he was extremely gracious and readily signed an issue of poker digest for me. Maybe what you shoudl do is bring a baseball and get pokerbabe, mason, dynasty and all the other twoplustwo regulars to sign it. then you definitely have something!

Pat

07-20-2002, 10:57 AM
Mason, thank you for your nice response reagarding the book. I will make a point to try to meet you when I am in town.

I assume the group i.e. Poker Babe, Dynasty, Mason etc. hang out at the Bellagio in the evening. The opportunity to meet many members of the forum would be very nice.

Joe Zasa (asdtexas)

07-21-2002, 11:10 AM
Hi Joe- the BABE has been "hanging" out at the Mirage Tues-Sat during the hours of 12noon-5/6PM. Dynasty and Mason also play at Mirage (and Bellagio) but they saunder in to work a little later (after 3 usually). Let's definately plan to meet. Just give a heads up as to when you will be arriving and we will rendevous. Take care. Babe