PDA

View Full Version : loose-aggressive strategy

JSD_DV
08-28-2004, 03:49 PM
this question became a priority for me after a recent 30/60 game with two very loose and aggressive players who felt that it was their obligation to cap the betting pre-flop on almost every hand, and on most subsequent streets. eventually much of the table had gone nuts, with or without the two instigators in the hand. my question is, and i suppose this does not specifically apply to just mid/high limit games, but using the above example, or some similar one, what is the best way to go about beating the game?

bugstud
08-28-2004, 03:54 PM
It's been answered a billion times. If you hate variance, fold everything but AA/KK/QQ/AKs/JJ? (I forget whether or not JJ was in the group) and just make your money.

DcifrThs
08-28-2004, 03:55 PM
be board. grab a newspaper (figuratively) and buckle down.

AKs, TT and up. you won't win many pots, but those you do win will be HUGE. its also a high variance game.

-Barron

DcifrThs
08-28-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's been answered a billion times. If you hate variance, fold everything but AA/KK/QQ/AKs/JJ? (I forget whether or not JJ was in the group) and just make your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

drawing the line at TT or JJ is just splitting hairs here...if you REALLY hate variance, fold tt and jj but i think thats giving up a bit too much here ... i play tt and up, AK and AKs.

-Barron

Bigdaddydvo
08-28-2004, 04:42 PM
I wrote Howarad Lederer an email regarding the same topic after I got busted out of a 5-10 game with KK after a maniac w/2-7o capped it preflop and hit a miracle straight on the river. His advice was similar to everything the other posters said: Patience and proper play, and be prepared to stomach the variance. Concur on the hand choices, though I may play AJs in late pos.

sweetzer
08-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Another strategy is to play your normal game except for KJ and QTo type hands, and repeat 50x a day before retiring, "fluctuation is my friend, if it wasn't for fluctuation there would be no game". Of course, you also need a bankroll of at least 300 big bets.