PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 66 hand (or at least I think so :))

Alobar
08-28-2004, 02:16 PM
same 6/12 live game as the other hand

opponent in this hand is incredibly loose, sees at least half the flops, but I cant figure out what he actually folds, because he will cold call with hands like 96o. He likes to chase longshot draws regardless of how many bets it costs.

I dont remember the suits exactly, but they were irrelevant in this hand

I'm dealt 66 on the button

Loosey calls, MP calls, I call (not sure about this call), sb folds, BB checks

Flop is 3TT (rainbow)

BB checks, Loosey checks, MP checks, I bet, BB folds, Loosey calls, MP calls

Turn 2 (puts a 2nd suit on board)

Loosey checks, MP checks, I bet, Loosey calls, MP folds

River Q (no flush)

Loosey bets, I......???

Trix
08-28-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Loosey calls, MP calls, I call (not sure about this call), sb folds, BB checks

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think there are any other options really, asuming the game is loose, so a raise wont increase my chances of winning much.

Fold river if he is passive, call if he isnīt or you dont know.

balkii
08-28-2004, 03:34 PM
I found this interesting:

[ QUOTE ]
Loosey calls, MP calls, I call (not sure about this call)

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? A pocket pair on the button after two limpers? This is an incredibly easy limp.

Nobody on this board can tell you what to do on the river. If you think he's bluffing often enough call. If you don't, fold.

EDIT: Well Trix takes your uncertainty preflop to mean you were thinking of raising. I took it to mean you were thinking of folding. The decision between raising and calling is a lot closer than the decision between calling and folding, but I think a limp is the only play.

nef
08-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Lets assume he would check call with a 3 or a 2 and that his bet means he has a T, a Q, or a bluff.

On the river you are getting about (depending on SB size and rake) 6.75:1. Your opponent only needs to bluff about 13% of the time here for your call to be profitable.

Let's say he will bluff only 10% of the time and you make a mistake and call.
EVcall = 0.1*6.75-0.9*1 = -0.225 or -$2.70
Evfold= 0
Now lets say he will bluff 20% of the time and you make a mistake and fold.
EVcall = 0.2*6.75-0.8*1 = 0.55 or $6.60
EVfold = 0
Folding now costs you $6.60.

This pot is only medium sized, but still I basically always call in situations like this.

Alobar
08-29-2004, 03:21 AM
guess I should have made that clear, I wasnt sure if a raise was in order or not /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I decided I couldnt fold the river, and I thought a raise would be better than a call as it might get him to fold a higher PP (like 88 or something) or maybe even a queen.

He 3 bet me and I folded....he showed me AT