PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 hand AK

08-11-2002, 08:21 AM
15/30 game at Commerce in LA. Table is mostly tight semi-aggressive (no kidding) with two or three people playing poorly at a time, making it more than profitable.

A new player at the table limps in UTG +1, middle position weak player also limps. UTG +1's been in a couple rounds, but hasn't played many hands and has not made a showdown yet.

It's folded around to me in SB with AK diamonds. I raise, knowing the BB will fold most hands here. Also, I'm getting respect at the table and if I bet a poor flop I'll probably win often enough to make a raise here worthwhile. BB folds - three handed flop is:

Ah Ks Jh

I bet, UTG +1 raises, weak player folds, I three bet - UTG +1 calls. Turn is great, 3d:

Ah Ks Jh 3d

I bet, UTG +1 calls instantly. This looks a lot like a flush draw call to me. No thought, automatic call. River is terrible, 9h:

Ah Ks Jh 3d 9h

Ok, what would you do here and why?

Thanks,

soda

08-11-2002, 08:56 AM

08-11-2002, 09:00 AM

08-11-2002, 09:25 AM
The usual action must be to bet here. I doubt I would do anything else.

However if you feel he has given you a tell that he has a flush, then go ahead and check. If you are wrong it will be a good learing experience.

08-11-2002, 10:28 AM
I would check call.....

call if you think you have a hand to call with, if you think you are beat, then fold.....

-The reason to check call are these....

#1 You have a slight chance of having the best

Hand and you may not want to fold.

#2 You get to see what he has limped in with UTG

#3 The table does not see your hand if you are

beat and you can simply muck.

#4 By betting out...you may get raised, and then

you are faced with an even tougher decision.

08-11-2002, 12:39 PM
Bet & call. AQ,AJ,AT,A9,KQo,KJ or QJ is more likely than 2 hearts.

08-11-2002, 04:17 PM
Check and call.

If he made the flush it costs you one bet.

If he has AJ, KJ or some Ax he's proud of, he most likely bets, you win one bet. All you were going to win was one bet against these hands by betting anyways.

I have trouble thinking he has much of anything else with you having the board so crippled, but he will try some bluffs which you will pick off.

MS Sunshine

08-11-2002, 07:07 PM
check and call.

08-11-2002, 08:19 PM
Good analysis except for that part where you considered folding.

08-12-2002, 05:29 AM
Check-Call You put him on a flush. Go with it or why botter to put him on a hand.