PDA

View Full Version : Overplayed set?

MoDOH
08-28-2004, 09:53 AM
CO is very loose with 75% VP$IP In 70+ hands he has never raised PreFlop but PostFlop he has been overaggressive several times, in the last 20 or so hands he has prob lost close to a 100$...

On the Flop I was very confident of someone to bet so I could checkraise and drive out the gutshots from the pot...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

bakku
08-28-2004, 09:55 AM
For the love of god bet the flop. Please?

MoDOH
08-28-2004, 10:12 AM
I know... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

nothumb
08-28-2004, 10:26 AM
I could see wanting to check-raise this flop, even though I wouldn't. But with CO the most likely raiser, giving you a good opportunity to get a raise in on the whole field, you really should lead out. Then you have a choice of making it three bets (I would, with this coordinated flop) or smooth-calling and building a big multiway pot.

Depending on your read I think you can usually slow down when he caps the turn. Once he does, I think I bet and call one raise on the river unless I fill up, unless he is a true nut.

NT

MoDOH
08-28-2004, 10:38 AM
I agree with you on the flop. It would have been better to lead out and hoping it be raised so I can 3-bet it...

Regarding the villain, He is a nut,a big nut...
I was bombsure he had gotten 2-pairs on the turn...

whiskeytown
08-28-2004, 10:44 AM
I wonder if you would have gotten as much action from the CO on the turn had you checkraised the flop....might have slowed him down.

as it stands, he probably thinks you had a pair of A's and he had two pair, so he kept raising till the cows come home...

and as we all know, capping a turn or river round is more money then capping a flop round.

while I admit, you're wide open to a st8 draw on the flop, I can't help but think you made more money - but what do I know...I'm weak tight.

RB

MoDOH
08-28-2004, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
while I admit, you're wide open to a st8 draw on the flop, I can't help but think you made more money

[/ QUOTE ]

AS it was CO turned over 8To for the flopped straight...
Lucky for me he didnīt leave the table until he was broke and I had been given the chance of taking some of my money back /images/graemlins/grin.gif