PDA

View Full Version : most useful parts of pokertracker?

whiskeytown
08-28-2004, 09:18 AM
(crossposted here and Inet forum)

I've downloaded the eval. portion of Pokertracker and am going to play some hands to get a feel for it (dumped 91 in it last night, can dump up to 1000 b4 paying) -

trying to get a feel for it, but it's a lot of stuff. What do regular software users here like about it and what do they find most useful (esp. in the way of stats)

RB

QuickLearner
08-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Its not an evaluation portion, its the whole program up to 1000 hands. I like the game time window, the ability to replay groups of hands after a session, all the stats, the ability to group opponents (small samplw warning...careful)and the general record keeping stuff so I don't have to waste my time with spreadsheets. Its great work that deserves the purchase, IMO.

JTrout
08-28-2004, 12:27 PM
I should spend more time evaluating my own play with it, but I don't.

I get the most benefit from PokerTracker using it as a fishfinder.
I goto Summary, and click on the VP$IP, and note all the players playing over half their hands.
The list is a mile long. It can be refined many ways, but that's where I get the most benefit from PT.

sethypooh21
08-28-2004, 01:09 PM
Position stats and the "More detail" screen.

Obvious big potential leak is not respecting position, and PT will point it out (a good player should be positive ev from all non blind spots and less then -.25bb/h from the sb and less then -.5bb/h from the bb)

If you want a quick diagnostic of your game, take a screen shot of the "more detail" window after you play a few K hands and post it to the appropriate forum. Amazing what a few quick pointers from the leak police will do.

JoeU
08-28-2004, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want a quick diagnostic of your game, take a screen shot of the "more detail" window after you play a few K hands and post it to the appropriate forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you post descriptive directions on how to do this? I currently have just over 7000 hands in the database, and would love it if someone would critique my stats (even though the database is still relatively small.).

Thanks

Joe

sethypooh21
08-28-2004, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want a quick diagnostic of your game, take a screen shot of the "more detail" window after you play a few K hands and post it to the appropriate forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you post descriptive directions on how to do this? I currently have just over 7000 hands in the database, and would love it if someone would critique my stats (even though the database is still relatively small.).

Thanks

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

try here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=965439&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1)

JoeU
08-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Joe