PDA

View Full Version : Best Days Ever

07-18-2002, 03:22 AM
Hi Everyone:

I just wanted to note that according to our statistics these forums (and this site) has just had it's two busiest days ever with 74,000 page impressions on Tuesday and 77,000 page impressions on Wednesday. Thanks again for all the support.

Best wishes,

Mason

07-18-2002, 03:31 AM
Mason,

That’s a lot of hits! Let’s hope for the continued success of the forum.

Just out of curiosity, how do you think those numbers compare with for let’s say, Poker Pages or Steve Badger’s site?

Regards,

Rick

07-18-2002, 03:40 AM
First, page impressions is not the same as hits. I'm not the best person to explain the difference.

If you were to ask me questions about book sale numbers comparing sale totals of different books I believe I could give you very specific answers that would be very accurate. As for web sites I can only speculate and there is a good chance I am way off. So let me answer your question in a very general way. I believe that we get many more page impressions than PokerPages, and that PokerPages gets many more page impressions than Badger's web site.

07-18-2002, 07:02 AM
Mason, if you would like to have accurate information on this issue (and I am sure you like accurate numbers) you can easily find out by going to alexa.com and making a very simple download and the information will be available at your fingertips everytime you are on the internet.

It just so happens that at this time your traffic here equates to around 33% of the traffic on PokerPages.

I think you should be commended for this effort and I want to congratulate you.

As per David's advice to me recently on RGP I am trying to give facts as opposed to fiction.

Mark

www.pokerpages.com (http://www.pokerpages.com)

07-18-2002, 07:09 AM
I guess this should have been included. I apologize for double posting.

Pokerpages is the web's 26,387th busiest site

http://www.alexa.com/data/details?url=pokerpages.com

2+2 is is the 84,116th busiest site

http://www.alexa.com/data/details?url=twoplustwo.com

Playwinningpoker is the 126,629th busiest site:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details?url=playwinningpoker.com

Mark

www.pokerpages.com (http://www.pokerpages.com)

07-18-2002, 07:14 AM
do ya got the spm??? ha gotcha...

07-18-2002, 08:39 AM

07-18-2002, 09:10 AM
i just use alot of different names and really enjoy arguing with myself

07-18-2002, 09:19 AM
Sorry Mark, but Alexa doesn't count time that people spend on your site. From that point of view it does a very poor job of representing how busy a site truly is.

07-18-2002, 09:28 AM
Desire:

Actually, that may be somewhat true. We believe that some people spend long periods of time on these forums, and we appreciate that very much.

By the way, we at Two Plus Two take this site very seriously and are aware of our responsibility to the poker community. That's why you see no hype and we make every effort to assure that the quality of information exchange is as high as possible. OIf course, the great posters we have here make this all possible.

It's also why we don't automatically link to lots of other sites, and why we refuse link exchanges upon request. We need to be fairly sure that the site in question is doing a good job of steering their readers in the right direction towards good high quality poker information.

07-18-2002, 11:24 AM
Mark,

I've been to your site and enjoy the access to tournament results and some other stuff. Good job.

I just went to www.alexa.com (http://www.alexa.com) and read how they arrive at traffic rankings. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that their rankings are based on page visits for users that go through the Alexa toolbar using MS Internet Explorer.

They would never count my visits to 2+2 because I don't use MS IE for 2+2 (I use Opera 6.04) and don't use the Alexa toolbar. Also, I rarely visit 2+2's home page since I have full frame bookmarks for each forum. I suspect many 2+2er's use at least the later technique.

Also, 2+2 doesn't come up when you search for "poker strategy -video" or "poker -video" using Google (which I've heard counts linkage as an indicator of popularity) or even some other engines I just tried. Of course, your site comes up near the top. I wonder if this would be true had I used the Alexa toolbar. In other words, few are likely to find 2+2 by using a search engine, but many would find your site.

Regards,

Rick

07-18-2002, 12:45 PM
Congratulations. You've developed a wonderful site and deserve the success you're having with it. Some of us may quibble with this or that policy but participating here has improved my game and introduced me to some pretty wonderful people.

07-18-2002, 01:52 PM
Yes you are right Mason. There are several million users of this Alexa toolbar. They just give one a reasonable example of a sites traffic in relation to all others on the internet.

Mark

07-18-2002, 02:57 PM
Don't let any of the responses to your post detract from the fact that 2+2 just had its two best days ever. I know you are proud of that and should be.

I am a member of PokerPages' Poker School Online and think they are doing a magnificent job. There is plenty of room in this market for both of you. I would feel lost without either one.

Good luck and keep on growing.

Alden Chase (tyro)

07-18-2002, 04:24 PM
Mark:

All you have to do is spend some time on our site and you will see the breadth and depth of these forums. We never thought they would be this successful and are literally amazed, not only at their size and quality, but the fact that they continue to grow. There is no question in our minds that if you are interested in becoming a successful poker player, this is the place to come. The reason for this is very simple; there is much expertise here, and the level of debate is incredibly vigorous.

Furthermore, I'm not very concerned with your site. Spending my time here and on our publishing business, which is our main concern, is where I'm normally at.

By the way, have you improved your basic understanding of poker? Remember we pointed this out to you when you first started your site. Specifically, if you fill PP with weak/inaccurate information, you'll struggle and always be looking for another investor. Based on your recent participation in the rake thread on RGP, it appears as though you still have a way to go in this area. I suggest that you purchase and study a few of our books. You'll probably find The Theory of Poker, Hold 'em Poker for Advanced Players.[/i], Seven-Card Stud for Advanced Players, High-Low-Split Poker for Advanced Players,[/i] Tournament Poker for Advanced Players,[/i] and The Psychology of Poker most helpful.

07-18-2002, 07:09 PM
I run hundreds of sites. The info on alexa is both outdated and inaccurate. Ask any prominent webmatser and if you don't believe me, go to http://www.webmasterworld.com/ and find out for yourself.

07-18-2002, 11:52 PM
I agree with all the congratulators. 2+2 is a great poker site. Yes, people spend much more time here than on poker pages. I go to poker pages when I want info/results. Those visits usually only last 5 min or so. On this site, I have to make sure not to spend too much time because there are a lot of good postings and forums.

Good job!

07-19-2002, 01:19 PM
ROFLMAO

meOW

hiSSSSS

MS Sunshine

07-19-2002, 11:27 PM