PDA

View Full Version : Good Move?

gilbypoker
08-28-2004, 05:36 AM
Just wanted to get some advice about playing multi table tournaments. Usually around 90 players, top ten get paid. I am sitting at the final two tables with 16 player left, I am short stacked with about 1500 in chips, blinds are 400 - 800 with 100 ante. I get kk and move all in get called with aj and double up, then, very next hand move all in with aj get called with ak and catch a jack. So I am about 18 thousand in chips at this time. OK... Now is my question. I am under the gun very next hand and get kq off. I move all in, and get two callers one has 99 and one has 55. Does anyone agree that I should have just folded until players were eliminated just to make the final table and the pay? Anyways, I didnt catch and the 99 ended up winning. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Potowame
08-28-2004, 06:02 AM
Not to be mean, but a push from UTG with KQ after you just got a workable stack to make it into the real mony, is horrible. Everyone would agree that you should have folded that without thinking twice.

betgo
08-28-2004, 07:59 AM
KQ is a good hand to move in with if you are very short stacked. You are no longer short stacked. KQ is also a good hand to raise with from late position (CO through SB). You should generally only raise UTG with premium hands.

Furthermore, with 22xBB, you probably shouldn't open raise allin. You should look for opportunities to reraise allin with premium hands though.

The call by the 55 was bad. The call by 99 was pretty marginal for such a big raise.