PDA

View Full Version : Spy working for Israel suspected at the Pentagon

Cyrus
08-28-2004, 04:28 AM
Isn't the US supposed to be friends with these guys? What were they looking for, in those file cabinets, spare condoms?

WASHINGTON -- The FBI has evidence that a person who has been working at high levels in the Pentagon may be a spy for Israel, senior U.S. officials have confirmed to CNN.

The alleged "mole" working for Israel could have been in a position to influence Bush administration policy toward Iran and Iraq, one of the officials said on Friday.

However, another government official said the suspect is "not in a level to influence policy."

"He is an analyst in an undersecretary's office," this official said.

Sources said the FBI investigation has been going on for many months and more than one government employee is under investigation.

CNN Report (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/08/28/fbi.spy/index.html)

Bonus: FoxNews Report (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,130413,00.html)

vulturesrow
08-28-2004, 07:50 AM
Cyrus,

The Israelis are notorious for this sort of behavior. Any time that I have been involved with an exercise with or visit from Israeli forces, we get briefed on the need for strict adherence to security procedures. Its unfortunate. While I definitely think we should be a supporter and ally of Israel, some of the things the Israeli government does disappoints me.

theBruiser500
08-28-2004, 09:16 AM
don't all countries use spies against each other, even allies? i just learnt that this was the case a week ago and was surprised, but i'm betting that we have spies in israel too.

vulturesrow
08-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Bruiser,

I am sure that we do. That being said, Israel is well known for being very "opportunistic" in their intelligence gathering and conversely the extremely tight hold they keep on their own info. On top of all this they have one of the best intellingence agencies in the world.

Rushmore
08-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Just watch the spin. We'll all be dizzy as hell real soon.

What a joke. All of the apologists crawl out of the woodwork immediately. "All countries spy on each other, etc."

Oh. OK, then. No problem. Sure, we'll keep pretending that everything's fine, and Israel is really and truly a well-intended, benevolent nation.

Spies? Sure.

But spies against one's benefactors?

cardcounter0
08-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Do you have any facts or evidence that there are spies?

nothumb
08-28-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm not outraged that Israelis are trying to spy on our government. I can see how they've developed the skills and agencies they have: to be a nation where they are at takes some stones! One thing they are not is soft.

However, I absolutely abhor Israeli/US policy in the Middle East (shock!) and would welcome this opportunity for a reality check in Washington. Israel is starting to get very pushy with the US, and Sharon pretty much does what he wants because he knows Bush won't stop him.

Anyway, I doubt if anyone in Doug Feith's office is that shocked by this. I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, but there are a lot of people in this administration who would be happy to pass this info on regardless of what some pushy G-men have to say.

This will get swept under the rug because neither candidate wants to get tangled up in it right now. Kerry would be stupid to make a big deal of it.

NT

Rushmore
08-28-2004, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any facts or evidence that there are spies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I do, because I am a highly-placed intelligence officer at the Pentagon.

Jeez, my point was not that I believe every aspect of the story from the get-go. My point was that the comment that it's pretty much SOP, and that this should be expected from Israel, just as it should be expected from all of our "friends," is a ludicrous point.

I suppose another aspect of my point was to prognosticate that there will be spin on this thing.

OK, gotta get back to my job now. Lotsa weapons systems to look over and approve.

cardcounter0
08-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Do you have any facts or evidence of this 'spin' having occured before? I think you are misguided by liberal lies.

Rushmore
08-28-2004, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any facts or evidence of this 'spin' having occured before? I think you are misguided by liberal lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's make sure I'm clear on this.

It's "liberal lies" that make me think the media might quash or otherwise spin news about Israel?

Huh???? Have we gone so far through the looking glass that Trotsky couldn't be sure if he was a Leftist or a company man?

astroglide
08-28-2004, 08:08 PM
i hope this explodes and signifigantly impacts our support of them

Cyrus
08-29-2004, 02:54 AM
"Do you have any facts or evidence that there are spies?"

The CNN Report states that there is an ongoing FBI investigation about a spy, potentially two, in the Pentagon, working for Israel. There is no confirmation yet and no charges have been pressed against anyone.

Do you doubt the possibility that Israel would ever spy on the United States? If so, I would be very interested to know why you would doubt this.

Israeli spies caught in New Zealand (http://aztlan.net/nz_mossad_spies.htm)

Israeli spies caught in Mexico (http://www.geocities.com/adap2k911/houston60.htm)

Israeli spy caught in the United States (http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/pollard.html)