PDA

View Full Version : Mid pocket pairs with a stack 5-10XBB

SmileyEH
08-28-2004, 02:20 AM
How do you approach hands like 44-99. My usual play was to simply go all in preflop with no limpers. Does this sound reasonable or is there a better line to take? I figure with my fold equity and the slightly advantageous coinflips I usually face this is the way to go, but does the chance of running into a bigger PP reduce their value - especially as your stack approaches 10Xbb.

thanks,

-SmileyEH

ihaterivers
08-28-2004, 03:43 AM
For me this would have to depend on how many people are left in the tournament, where I stand, and my position.

lastchance
08-28-2004, 03:46 AM
If I have 5-6x BB, this is almost an auto-push, unless someone is absurdly shortstacked, but as you get toward 10x BB, I like trying to push rag flops instead of preflop, depending on position and my opponents, of course.

mrjetguy
08-28-2004, 01:49 PM
A lot depends on your position and whether or not anyone else has limped in/ raised. Naturally this makes for many different situations that all have different moves that make the most sense IMO. Personally, if you are in mid/late position any one else having entered the pot already would result in me going all-in. If everyone folds you have raissed your stack by a fair amount, if someone calls you are probably at least in a race situation.

patrick dicaprio
08-28-2004, 04:05 PM
almost alwyas this is a push except with 44, which is a dog to most hands you will be called with. when i have 99 i am hoping to get called. if you have closer to 10BB you should think about a stop and go but with less than 8 or 9 push in.

Pat