PDA

View Full Version : A little AK and a big pot.

MarkD
08-28-2004, 01:02 AM
I wonder about the flop in this hand. Neither opponent had stood out prior to this hand. This means that I wasn't paying enough attention and neither had done anything retarded that I noticed.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.33 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (14.33 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.33 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.33 BB, between CO, Hero and MP1.</font>

JohnShaft
08-28-2004, 01:11 AM
I think it's fine Mark.
I'm guessing you lost to something like QJ.

MarkD
08-28-2004, 01:14 AM
I lost, and don't really care. The first player had K/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif and the second had J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif so there is no way for me to win this hand but I'm wondering if the flop raise is correct or if this is a spot where I should simply call and raise the turn.

Obviously I got to raise the turn anyways which was great but it's the protection play that I am wondering about in this specific hand. Even though there was no way for me to win this specific hand I feel I need more concrete examples of when to wait to raise.

Trix
08-28-2004, 10:10 AM
This is fine.

nothumb
08-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Last week 10/20 became small stakes... now 15/30! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Are you just trying to escape the mid-high forum?

I think this looks good.

NT

MarkD
08-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Although mid-high has a lot of excellent / expert players in it you don't often get them to respond and I know the players in this forum well. There are a lot of really bad posters in mid/high so yes, when I post for advice I am torn between mid/high and small stakes. The majority of the plays will remain constant with a solid analysis and small stakes posters provide that analysis.