PDA

View Full Version : tp 3-way vs aggressive opponents

detruncate
08-27-2004, 11:55 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

All 3 villains are loose and aggressive with what they consider to be good hands and draws.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero ???

Also, anyone hate the flop play?

bisonbison
08-28-2004, 05:35 AM
This is a tough hand. If you're behind, you're probably drawing very slim or dead. Nonetheless, I would call and spike the card that wins the hand.

Given your description of these guys, I think 3-betting the flop is alright. If they're loose-passive, I think I'd probably fold the flop.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-28-2004, 06:13 AM
Call down and expect to lose, but win enough times where calling is profitable. Skalansky bucks.

detruncate
08-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (16.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, ...

As you guys suggested, I thought I was probably behind after the flop. The turn didn't do much to change my thinking, but I did start to wonder about who was drawing to what after BB check/called and UTG+2 just called. Surely someone had to have something, non? On the other hand, these guys loved to pump their draws, especially when they were of the flush variety.

When UTG shut down on the river and UGG+2 checked to me, I really couldn't bring myself to check it through. The 6 may have counterfeited a flopped 2 pair, and it seemed unlikely that aggressive opponents would sit on a set or better on the turn. Which left UTG as the only one likely to have had a strong hand... and he checked to me. I saw only 3 likely options: he could have something good (straight, set) and put me on a rivered boat, he could be happy with his hand and going for a c/r, or he could have overplayed a weak hand/draw/bluff and given up. However, the possibility that I was out-kicked by one of the others also couldn't be discouted.

I'm not sure the river bet was a good idea, but I figured there was probably enough chance that I was ahead to make it a reasonable move given the overlay I expected from 2 or 3 callers. The c/r also seemed very unlikely... unless it was coming from BB who runnered a set. So I fired a bet off expecting to win enough of the time to make it +EV.

Thoughts?

Sent
08-28-2004, 04:26 PM
River only helps you against 89, but since they checked to you I would bet it and hope I dont get check-raised

-Sent

detruncate
08-28-2004, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River only helps you against 89

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But that's really the only 2-pair I can think of I might not have heard from. If I was behind to UTG on the turn, I'm almost certainly still behind.

[ QUOTE ]
but since they checked to you I would bet it and hope I dont get check-raised

-Sent

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. Probably read too much into it afterwards. It really just came down to this. I wasn't about to reward UTG's apparent weakness with a free showdown. I can live with being c/r'ed.

BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (16.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.25 BB, between UTG+2 and Hero.</font> &gt; Pot won by Hero (18.25 BB).

Results:
UTG+2 shows As 2s (two pair, aces and sixes).
Hero shows Js Ad (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.25 BB.

Happy happy.