PDA

View Full Version : Man, I suck at this game-- badly played AK hand

Jonny Melon
08-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) -- Early in the session so no real reads yet.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
UTG calls, 2 folds, MP2 raises, 1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7, 5, T (4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I can't believe I check-called this. I think check-fold is best on this horrible flop. Does anyone think betting out is better?

Turn: (8.50 BB) K (4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, CO raises, Hero folds...

Yeesh. Good laydown given the action?

Jon

bobdibble
08-28-2004, 03:01 AM
Uh.. the hand converter didn't include the suits, which I think is key to your question, cuz without em, that flop looks pretty ragish and I'm betting.

House-Lion
08-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Unless its a monotone flop in wrong suit I would come out betting it. Chance is someone or two will fold and that is worth a lot.

Problem with turn is you lost information when check-calling the flop and the lack of suits doesnt really help analysis either. CO could be raising with with a bare king and calling the flop with just K as overcard, callingstations does that all the time.

3-bet turn and give UTG and MP2 something to chew upon.

08-28-2004, 10:24 AM
Yipes... bet the flop, 3-bet the turn, if it gets capped, call down the river (unless it's an A or K). If it's bet and raised again before it gets to you on the river, then you can consider folding. I have the feeling you laid down the winner here.

MoDOH
08-28-2004, 10:24 AM
I would play it the same... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MoDOH
08-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Ok thought it was a joke...
Didnīt realize the suits had been lost. Was it a monotone flop with a 4:th suit falling on the turn?

Jonny Melon
08-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Don't know how the suits didn't come out. I think my comments will make more sense, though. Sorry...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) -- Early in the session so no real reads yet.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, MP2 raises, 1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, T /images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I can't believe I check-called this. I think check-fold is best on this horrible flop. Does anyone think betting out is better?

Turn: (8.50 BB) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif(4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, CO raises, Hero folds...

Yeesh. Good laydown given the action?

prayformojo
08-28-2004, 11:18 AM
I still bet out on this flop when I am first to act and I placed the last pre-flop raise. There's no reason to think you're up against a made flush, and your bet could knock out weak one-spade flush draws. If you are raised, you can call and check/fold the turn unimproved.

Ralph Wiggum
08-28-2004, 11:23 AM
I guess I'm the only one tempted to 3-bet the turn.

prayformojo
08-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Sorry, I was just looking at the flop. No, Ralph, you're not the only one. I 3-bet this turn too.