PDA

View Full Version : AA on the button under attack

08-10-2002, 02:56 AM
I don't know my nemesis in this hand.

I'm on the button with AdAc.

UTG, UTG+1, UTG+2 call. MP calls. Folded to me, I raise. Blinds fold, limpers call.

Flop: Qd 7s Kd

Checked to MP who bets. I like that, maybe I can clean out some of this field. I raise. 2 EP callers, MP calls. Well, 1 down.

Turn: [Qd 7s Kd] Td

Checked to MP who bets again. I'm not exactly sure why, but I thought I was still ahead of him. Maybe he didn't look happy with his bet, I'm not sure. Anyway, I thought I was still ahead. I raised. The 2 EP players folded, MP called.

River: [Qd 7s Kd Td] 6s

Well, that's gotta be a blank. MP bets again! I don't know what this means. How often does a player bet, get raised, call, bet, get raised, call, then bet again?

Thoughts? My results below.

08-10-2002, 02:59 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm beat, but I'm getting 14-1. I'm not 93% sure I'm beat so I call.

He turns over 6d6c for a rivered set and takes down the pot.

Well, that was a surprise.

08-10-2002, 04:47 AM
Welcome this player with open arms into your game at all possible times.

With play such as this, it wont take long for you to get all his money.

CJ

08-10-2002, 12:33 PM
Help me out here..... I hear what you are saying. You want that player in your game. BUT it dosen't mean you will see a dime of his money in your stack anytime soon. You may not have a playable hand for the next X hours. The idiot may leave before you do. He may lose all your chips to the old rock sitting across the table. etc. etc. These are the kinds of hands that kill me and ruin my stats. Any tips?